At my school there is an upcomnig battle of the bands, April 27th. Its my last year there, and bands from all over Rhode Island are coming to play, but I really REALLY need/want to win. I wont feel complete without it. I was wondering what you guys thought we should play. Its a full band, I do guitars and vocals, we have guitars, synths, drums, and bass as well. The songs we are doing so far are: (we have 35 minutes to play, 5 minutes to set up, 40 total)

3 originals (2 can be found www.myspace.com/thedelugeofdjinn)
Necrophagist - Foul Body Autopsy w/Vocals
Black Dahlia Murder - Statutory Ape..Dunno if with vocals or not.

And thats it. Any suggestions? Its gonna be a musical crowd, they like anything as long as its awesome sounding. Any help would be appreciated! thanks.
Zuka...another avatar? wow...

love the diversity though.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
I think the songs are good choices. Well ummm you really want to interact with the crowd that's one of the best ways to show the judges that people like you and that you have talent. Also be professional dont cuss or do obscene gestures that you might do at a gig, just be professional and you'll do fine.
i dunno if your gunna win with that stuff. not that i dont like it i just think a high schoolish crowd is goin to have a generally different overall taste. more "mainstream" sounding stuff, if you will. whatever that means
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul St.
Peavy Classic VTX 200w
dunlop crybaby wah
boss metal zone distortion
yea i hate to say it but you probally wont win i liked you guys but metal never takes the prize. Some crappy greenday copy will win.
And before he died, Taran-Ish had scrawled upon the altar of chrysolite with coarse shaky strokes the sign of DOOM.
Write your own songs
I am the Master of Puppies

Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
Line 6 Sp III 30
Ibanez jumpstart (black)
Ibanez toneblaster (small amp)
Digitech RP80 Guitar Workstation
You should play the Joy Division song New Dawn Fades, If you did it correctly I think it could be pretty powerful. I think it would sound cool with synth and a big guitar solo. You'd have to use a lot of contrasting dynamics. I think It would also bring a different element to your set, maybe?
Quote by evening_crow
Zuka...another avatar? wow...

love the diversity though.

I have over 50, now.
Quote by deadmansdiary
yea i hate to say it but you probally wont win i liked you guys but metal never takes the prize. Some crappy greenday copy will win.

Wrong. My band dominated all the punk wanna bes. We're metal, but we don't growl.

Maybe, growling might not go over well.
You're not going to win if you play Necrophagist-esque covers, I'm afraid. Try some music that's a little more well-rounded, like heavy metal and classic rock.

Maybe a Pantera cover?
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
I'd do a Behemoth cover and scare the crap out of/impress the audience. The vocals are a bitch to pull off though.
Quote by The way to hate
Wrong. My band dominated all the punk wanna bes. We're metal, but we don't growl.

Maybe, growling might not go over well.

that could be true. at a normal battle we came in like 11th out of 20. But at a metal specific battle of the bands we cam 1st out of 15.

( by the way im in a black metal band the most un accepted style of music ever )
And before he died, Taran-Ish had scrawled upon the altar of chrysolite with coarse shaky strokes the sign of DOOM.
Last edited by deadmansdiary at Feb 21, 2007,