ok for my acoustic rebuild (thread, SHEXY ACOUSTIC), i plan on either making inlays of a music staff with her name written in it, or the notes from a song that i wrote for her...)
how could i make inlays besides burning into the neck (aka, plan B )
thanks ppls

ok, this is obvisoly a rough drawing i made in like five seconds... but this is my staff idea...

UG's HIPPIE
Last edited by ~G{}{}BER~ at Feb 21, 2007,
hell yeah.
Quote by benenov
love is when a girl can fit both my balls in her mouth.
thats gonna be a total bitch if u want it to turn out half decent

-Axe
Endorsed by Framus Amps

Quote by primusfan
you shoulda lynched that nigger.

*spits in spittoon and feels up his cousin*
i know its gonna be hard but its gonna be worth it.... im sayin, how could i do this? like for the inlays, what to make it out of....everything...
UG's HIPPIE
well... inlays, are inlaid pieces of plastic, pearl or abalone in the wood, so it can't be an inlay unless the material is set in a hole made on the fretboard. you could still make a sticker and put it on the fretboard but it wont be an inlay.

Quote by robbo_0013
UniverseZero is some kind of pwnerer of numerals

Quote by spazzymagee417
your avatar entertains me.
but what if i made a slight indent in the wood with a burning kit thing...then i put the plastic inside the hole i made..think that'd turn out ok?
UG's HIPPIE
Quote by ~G{}{}BER~
but what if i made a slight indent in the wood with a burning kit thing...then i put the plastic inside the hole i made..think that'd turn out ok?

Its a little more involved then that mate lol..
Quote by Unforgivable
LesPaulMarshalls ace!
Quote by Dudage
LesPaulMarshall, you friggin rock!
Quote by adrian_brown89
It's pretty hard to find someone as hardcore as Tom. The race for hardcore supremacy would be pretty close but i think Tom's got his nose just in front for now...
Well, you COULD burn it about 3-5mm deep, and then fill it with epoxy if you're dead set on burning a design.

You could also get a drill press (the fact that it's a drill press is important) and drill small-ish holes, maybe 1/8th of an inch, and fill it with black epoxy, or paint the inside a solid colour, and then epoxy, or maybe even fill it with clear coat.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
The lines on the staff and the treble clef look like they're going to be too thin to inlay. Maybe just the notes would be a more doable option.
I'd suggest ditching the inlays. It's a cool idea, but it's going to be really hard to pull off.
American Ash Deluxe Tele
Squire Standard Strat w/ Texas Specials
'65 Fender Deluxe Reverb RI
'53 Fender Deluxe 5C3
California Dreamer
Valve Junior
2X12 Avatar w/ V30's
Well, you COULD burn it about 3-5mm deep, and then fill it with epoxy if you're dead set on burning a design. You could also get a drill press (the fact that it's a drill press is important) and drill small-ish holes, maybe 1/8th of an inch, and fill it with black epoxy, or paint the inside a solid colour, and then epoxy, or maybe even fill it with clear coat.

lol i would thought of that EVENTUALLY but yah, thats a great idea, so i think im gonna plan on that...yay!
+1 for best idea if i have oreos, i would give one to you, but i ate them all
UG's HIPPIE