Say I'm singing a song like Master of Puppets... I can hit the high notes, but the problem is is that I can't make it "metal", it sounds like a choral rendition of the metal masterpiece. I can sing the notes an octave lower and give it more of a metal feel to it though, since it's more comfortable. Would doing this be frowned upon by musicians as a whole? I know it's not "Wrong" to sing it an octave lower, as long as you are in the same key, but would people turn heads at this?

I'm not asking because I'm like "socially scared" or am afraid of 'what others will think', I just wonder if there's something wrong with singing high pitched metal songs an octave or two lower. :P
-GEAR-

Schecter C-1 XXX
Squier Fender Stratocaster
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960A Lead Cabinet
Peavey Studio Pro 112
MXR Carbon Copy

Check out my band:www.myspace.com/silentsurrendertx
I'd rather hear something good an octave lower than bad at the right octave.
Quote by SynGates7X

you are indeed mr. awesome.

Quote by Duane_Allman
eckmann88 you sir are a god.

Quote by SavageNights
Oh, you're so damn shallow, eckmann88. They have nice boobs, don't they?

Quote by DraketheFake
good job eckman, seriously, that last one alone would give me an eternal erection!

Help
Space
do whatever you are happy with, lower octavies is a good idea
www.myspace.com/symmetry4321

Quote by RockerPseudonym
I think stone is either 7 or 14 lbs

Edit I'm gonna go with 14 because it's rather unlikely you're 56 pounds

Quote by evening_crow
sounds like....u need a...

BAND MEETING!!!
its all good. You should try tuning down a full step, or just half a step. To me a whole octave lower sounds like a lot, lower, but if it works for you, then go for it.
http://www.theweekendkids.com

Gibson Les Paul Studio w/dirtyfingers pickups
Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker
VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville
well, if you can sing an octave lower, go ahead. flaunt it, sirrah, for it's hard to do that
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it
id prefer the choral rendition. Called originality
When I try to get through, on the telephone to you.

There'll be nobody home.
Well I am kind of in the same boat as you. My voice isnt very high, but the higher octave does sound better. You can pull of the low one, in the right places. Do not switch in the middle of the phrase, as that will sound weird.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
Dream theater did MoP and it sounded pretty good... as long as it sounds decent, although not true to the original, it should still be fine.
Quote by Timothy Leary
They've outlawed the number one vegetable on the planet.

Start a fire for a man and keep him warm for a day, start that same man on fire and he will be warm for life.