What should my amp and the muff be set at if I wanted a james hetfield sound? I have a GRX20 with duncan pearly gates and Custom pickups. The amp is a kustom 100wDFX solid state. I cant figure whether the amp should be set the same as the pedal or something else. I just got the pedal today, and I would like to get a sweet tone out of it.
Quote by HomerHitter
I got a black Les Paul, and this Texan told me it wasn't as good as other color guitars becuse it was a 'nigger.'
Hetfields sound is pretty easy to attain, I don't have a metal muff, but I'll provide you with some eq tips. Try turning up the highs a whole lot (the metal muff has a treble boost doesn't it?) turn the mids out on both your amp and the pedal, and I mean like turn the mids OFF almost. Turn the bass up untill you start to hear a bit of thump, and then turn it down some for me on my amp, my bass ends up being at about 11 o' clock. I then use my neck pick up to not get an overly nasal sound wiht all of that treble. Experiment with the gain and the relation of the treble to bass, an d maybe the mids, but don't turn the mids up hardly past 9 o' clock.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
thx, ill try that out
Quote by HomerHitter
I got a black Les Paul, and this Texan told me it wasn't as good as other color guitars becuse it was a 'nigger.'