okay so a few minutes ago i started a thread asking what effect buckethead used in his song jordan, i was told he uses killswitch and wah. now i know what wah is but what is killswitch? or is it just a name for another effect? can i make it on my digitech multi effects pedal?
Gear:
Epiphone SG Vintage
Digitech RP 100A
Kustom Quad 100 DFX
Washburn D10S Deluxe (electric acoustic)
it's like a power button on your guitar, push the button, it stops transfering, so it's a way to articulate notes and such, so he doesnt have to pick them
member 21 of the ug pink floyd fan club
I PWNED VINCENT745 TWICE!!!
SPIDER WATCH
JS30RR
Agile AL3100 Silverburst (w/Entwhistle Dark Stars)
its like a mute button on his guitar... check out some of his vids on youtube
i put one of thsoe on ym guiatr. extremly simple. just goes right after all ur pcikup wiring and infront of ur output jack. now if i can just get it to soudns liek mr. buckethead doez
if you have at least two Pups with a volume control for each, you can turn the volume of one to 10, and the volume of the other to 0, then switch back and forth between them while holding a note
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
Quote by grayfox1001
it's like a power button on your guitar, push the button, it stops transfering, so it's a way to articulate notes and such, so he doesnt have to pick them

That.

If you have a Les Paul or another guitar with individual volume switches for each pickup, you can make the killswitch effect by setting one pickup's volume to zero and using the pickup toggle switch as a killswitch.
Administrator of the "Guitarists born in 1991 Club" PM me or greendayguitar to join.

Feel free to add me
i'd rather use a button though instead of that switch, i was thinking about making one of my own eventually.
SPIDER WATCH
JS30RR
Quote by grayfox1001
i'd rather use a button though instead of that switch, i was thinking about making one of my own eventually.

took em ittelry liek 10 minutes to put mine in. button works exactly the same way as the switch
yeah, but with like a spring button, you don't have to bring it back up, just hit the button and tahdah.
SPIDER WATCH
JS30RR
yeah. im prolyl gunan put that in aswell. thse are wicked. my guiatr ina coupe years is jsut gunna be fileld with kobs buttons and dials haha
so like how fast does he do it (im talkin about in the intro)
Gear:
Epiphone SG Vintage
Digitech RP 100A
Kustom Quad 100 DFX
Washburn D10S Deluxe (electric acoustic)
Quote by SOADrox429
if you have at least two Pups with a volume control for each, you can turn the volume of one to 10, and the volume of the other to 0, then switch back and forth between them while holding a note

Lets see you imitate a killswitch like that. You'll break your selector switch.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
in the intro, he hammer-ons the 12th fret, pulls off onto 0pen, then hits the button. it's all 16th notes at 116 tempo
SPIDER WATCH
JS30RR