hi can anyone suggest a tube amp preferable 30 watts, im trying to seach on ebay a good tube amp, i play metal rock and steve vai kinda music, can any one suggst a tube amp price doesnt realy matter coz im buying it 2nd hand.
I heard Epiphone Valve Junior is good, dont know how many watts it comes in though...

EDIT: It's 15 watts I think, maybe to little for you.
Last edited by georgeazguitar at Feb 21, 2007,
It's 5 watts, actually.
American Ash Deluxe Tele
Squire Standard Strat w/ Texas Specials
'65 Fender Deluxe Reverb RI
'53 Fender Deluxe 5C3
California Dreamer
Valve Junior
2X12 Avatar w/ V30's
you might want to give a price range because i'm seeing someone come in here saying buy like a 6505 or something used...even though that's not 30W, i can see it happening.

so give a price range, please!

EDIT: to my last post...you didn't specify, but thanks for finally doing that...and buy a classic peavey, they're good.
Last edited by dudey5691 at Feb 21, 2007,
If you're only practicing at home, 30w may be too loud. You may be used to SS amps, I don't know, but a 30w tube amp is about as loud as a 75w SS amp. It's loud...and if you dime it, it's even louder.

I'd go with something in the 5-15w range. That'd give you plenty of volume for home use.
American Ash Deluxe Tele
'53 Fender Deluxe 5C3
California Dreamer
Valve Junior
2X12 Avatar w/ V30's
You sure price doesn't matter? 'Cause I see a nice looking Mesa F30 on eBay right now just begging for a new owner with an open budget!
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
hmm. ok., price range is below 400, or 300,. will a more wat tube amp will give you full tone than its higher watt amp? . suggestions??
Quote by andrew7667
If you're only practicing at home, 30w may be too loud. You may be used to SS amps, I don't know, but a 30w tube amp is about as loud as a 75w SS amp. It's loud...and if you dime it, it's even louder.

I'd go with something in the 5-15w range. That'd give you plenty of volume for home use.

Noob question, what does dime it mean?
Quote by FrenchBread

im guessing its krank it up...
Quote by newbie-me
im guessing its krank it up...

lol, thats what i assume,

but just to give you and idea of how far something will get you, a 2x12 tube 50w is plenty loud enough to gig so you can see how little wattage you will need for pratice

its funny to think that when it comes to other speakers like car stereos, 50w wont even get you a good sub
If your playing in your home you should go 5 watts or less. Not even Joking. UNless you get an attenuator I can pretty much garuntee you will never crank it.
^He's right. I never cranked my orange over 3-4. It almost makes me sad, I really want to hear the possibilities with this amp. But it still does sound pretty good at those lower volumes though!
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
^I hope so. Honestly, I really do hope that dealers in Hawaii have em'. I don't want to fork out an extra 20-50 dollars for shipping and handeling.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by FrenchBread

Dime = 10, so yeah, it means "cranked. Unless, of course, you have the specially made Spinal Tap variety amp.

Quote by avalanche930
^Does it cost more to ship to Hawaii? my shipping was only 10

I'm guessing there might be a couple more truck routes thru Akron than Honolulu.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
are those orang good for metal/shred/steve vaish tone?.. looks kinda juice
Quote by newbie-me
hmm. ok., price range is below 400, or 300,. will a more wat tube amp will give you full tone than its higher watt amp? . suggestions??

No. Watts=power, not tone. A different speaker or different amp might give you a fuller tone, but not necessarily a bigger amp.

I've ran across quite a few high powered amps that sounded fairly thin. My VJ sounds pretty full (after some mods, of course) and it's only 5w.

To be honest, that's what I'd get. Period. It's a great little amp that will make you break into the highly addicting world of amp modding/building. If you don't want to mod one yourself, you can buy the head already modded from a fellow UGer by the name of Kerry.

Here's some clips: http://www.freewebs.com/affectronix/valvejuniorplus.htm and also the same site that sells the aforementioned modded VJ.

Get yourself a decent cab and you'd be set. All for under $400.

(Kerry should start paying me for the plugs I've been giving him...first 18watt, now here)
American Ash Deluxe Tele
'53 Fender Deluxe 5C3
California Dreamer
Valve Junior
2X12 Avatar w/ V30's
Quote by newbie-me
are those orang good for metal/shred/steve vaish tone?.. looks kinda juice

You could get metal for sure...but not sure with shred...maybe vai.

Anyway, it's out of your price range. Sorry man. Unless if you save up a bit more and get the orange tiny terror head...but then you need a cab.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R