Page 1 of 2
Would you say that its worth lugging around if you got a really good deal on it? I know 112 pounds is a lot for an amp and a lot of people can't lift that much (in my experience) but do you think thats too much? I know I can lift that much but it would be a struggle of course. The amp I am talking about does have wheels to role it on so that would make it better? Anyways what do you think?
Rhythm Harmony Melody
What's the brand/make/model/what have you?
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
Wait, are you rolling it home from the store?
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
...a 112 pound amp?? If it sounded good enough to lug around maybe it's worth it.
Quote by kauff
i could take a few hundered...my mom does daycare so i know how to take of them....ill just tell them the truth about santa, the easterbunny, and that their parents are dead
ahh.

bass amps are too heavy, and they need more wattage than guitar amps. it sucks really.
but it should be fine if it has wheels, and it sounds good.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
jesus. like. its like 10 lbs lighter than me haha
Quote by benenov
love is when a girl can fit both my balls in her mouth.
if it's 112lbs, i'm guessing it's tube in which case: yes, it's worth it. just make sure the wheels are good and sturdy, you'll be using those alot. avoid stairs.
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it
it sounds better than any other amp I have tried before (besides Ampeg).

One other bad thing about it though is that you can not add a cab to it so that sort of sucks.
Rhythm Harmony Melody
Well if you want to ask this question go and ask anyone who owns an ENGL 4x12 cab.. thats 110 pounds.. Or if you want to go further ask someone who owns an oversized ENGL 4x12 cab... those weigh 138 pounds.. Then of course you have to worry about the head..
Gear: Yamaha AES 620 Equipped with SD JB+APH-1
Fender American Deluxe V-Neck Equipped with BKP Mothers Milk
Fender Pro Jr., Traynor YCV 50, Diamond J-Drive MK3, Fulltone 70's Fuzz, Teese RMC Wizard Wah, Boss dd-3, Boss CE-5, Korg DT-10 pedal tuner.
You had a 112 pound amp.

Dear lord, I'm funny.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Well it does not sound heavenly if thats what your saying but its pretty good sounding.

Do you think I would ever need to put a cab on this thing? Would that ever be really needed?
Rhythm Harmony Melody
Man, go for it. If you need a cab you could probably mod it, I'd take it to a pro. I have a halfstack, it's about 150-160 lbs, I have it as a slave to my combo though, which adds another 60lbs, I take it piece by piece though.

Make sure you have a friend help you with stairs, and if it has wheels, roll it when you can, and watch your back, lift with your legs.
My mate has a fender reverb 4-12inch.... It weights about 50kg, so about 120 pounds..... We had to carry it up 3 flights of stairs....
Frank Zappa's not dead. He just smells funny.
Dude, I have a Peavey 412M stack and a Ampeg VL-502 Tube Amp that probly weigh about 150 and I can pick it up no problem.
Random Metal-X fact:

Metal-X now sponsors: Blood Culprit!

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

\m/^_^\m/ New Songs Up!!! \m/^_^\m/
Quote by SOCOOLITHURTS
Well it does not sound heavenly if thats what your saying but its pretty good sounding.

Do you think I would ever need to put a cab on this thing? Would that ever be really needed?

Yes. I would only haul an amp that heavy around if it sounded divine. For example, the Diezel Herbert. It's a very heavy amp, but it's the best amp I've ever played in my life. I don't have one, only because I cannot dream to afford one. It's like $4000-4500 US if you're curious.
Quote by zultone
Man, go for it. If you need a cab you could probably mod it, I'd take it to a pro. I have a halfstack, it's about 150-160 lbs, I have it as a slave to my combo though, which adds another 60lbs, I take it piece by piece though.

Make sure you have a friend help you with stairs, and if it has wheels, roll it when you can, and watch your back, lift with your legs.

Yea don't worry I am pretty strong and big. I honestly think I could lift that by myself if I had to but about that whole modding thing. How might that work? Can it really be done because if so that would be pretty relieving.
Rhythm Harmony Melody
Quote by SOCOOLITHURTS
It is a 600w bass amp if that helps. Pretty loud.

wow thats awesome

i dare you to turn it up to ten
Quote by rockergirl1122
If I had an 112 lb amp I'd name it Ugly Betty.

...In all seriousness, don't try lugging it around, just roll it on its wheels.
I'm guessing it's pretty powerful if it weighs that much.
My 75w only weighs like 20 (I think.)

Its pretty sexy really

and NO OFFENSE but you are a girl and I don't think a girl would like that heavy of anything she had to move around anyway

and seriously NO OFFENSE to what I just said
Rhythm Harmony Melody
Quote by nick83
wow thats awesome

i dare you to turn it up to ten

I think my band might cry... and everyone in my neighborhood

Me

Neighbors

God

Band then then then
Rhythm Harmony Melody
Last edited by SOCOOLITHURTS at Feb 21, 2007,
Quote by SOCOOLITHURTS
Its pretty sexy really

and NO OFFENSE but you are a girl and I don't think a girl would like that heavy of anything she had to move around anyway

and seriously NO OFFENSE to what I just said

lol none taken, if I were that serious about playing electric guitar (I'm more of an acoustic chick) I would pay some of my friends to do it.
Or hope they'd do it as a favor
i've got an old peavey 100 watt 212 transtube special that weighs 200 pounds (im not joking). i guess im just strong cuz it never seems too heavy to lug
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
Quote by shredmeiser101
i've got an old peavey 100 watt 212 transtube special that weighs 200 pounds (im not joking). i guess im just strong cuz it never seems too heavy to lug

Wow... if anything that just gives me confidence in myself lol
Rhythm Harmony Melody
Quote by SOCOOLITHURTS
I think my band might cry... and everyone in my neighborhood

Me

Neighbors

God

Band then then then

haha very well put
Quote by SOCOOLITHURTS
It is a 600w bass amp if that helps. Pretty loud.

600 watts? Are you sure you need that much? I just saw some of your old posts and from what I can make out, you've only been playing for only like 2-3 months, but whatever.

<checks out link>

Oooh, that amp...have you tried it yet? Do you like it? Do you think it's worth it? Your opinion above others mens.

Quote by SOCOOLITHURTS

You should answer that yourself
Last edited by Soul_Bassist at Feb 22, 2007,
Quote by Doodleface
ahh.

bass amps are too heavy, and they need more wattage than guitar amps. it sucks really.
but it should be fine if it has wheels, and it sounds good.

Got that right, my 80W feels heavier than my girl.
Man honestly I recon that woudl be a gigging beast. I say yay.
Quote by Unforgivable
LesPaulMarshalls ace!
Quote by Dudage
LesPaulMarshall, you friggin rock!
Quote by adrian_brown89
It's pretty hard to find someone as hardcore as Tom. The race for hardcore supremacy would be pretty close but i think Tom's got his nose just in front for now...
My mate was a roadie for the Drugs for a while (australian band, now split up) and when loading up for his first tour with them they were talking him through what gear they had to load.

"We call this one the cvnt" it was explained
"Why" he asked?
"Just try and lift it"
(Tries to lift amp)
"Fvcking Cvnt!!!"
"Yeah That's why"
Quote by The devil at the crossroads
E|-------------------------------------------1--
B|-----------------------------------1--4--
G|-------------------------1-3-4--
D|------------------1-3----
A|--------1-2-3----
E|-1-4-----

Just move it around the fretboard
turn it into a head, and a seperate cab, then it would n't be quite so bad to lift. and get a strong mate, who doesn't mind a bit of lifting
Quote by Dave_Mc
how do those marshall handles compare tonewise to, say, mesa handles?

Owns a Blackheart Little Giant...
my 200 pounder doesn't have wheels, and im 14 and i never have any trouble. my advice, IF IT SOUNDS AWESOME DON'T CARE ABOUT THE WEIGHT, JUST GO TO THE GYM.
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
Page 1 of 2