okay i have a 1993 Jackson Dinky Professional XL. I think i see an opportunity to sell it and get a Fender Mexi strat "arctic white with maple fretboard" *ORGASM* anyways there are somethings that i will love about the jackson and i will love about the fendere. here is the comparison:

Jackson: HSS config, Schaller Floyd Rose, all black with black hardware (i hate the look of it)

Fender: SSS config, beautiful guitar, more of my style, but ill miss the craziness of the Floyd.

WHICH SHOULD I CHOOSE?!?! im going crazy over here....

*how would a hotrails, JB Jr, or little 59' sound in the bridge on the strat?*
1993 Jackson Dinky Professional XL (shred)
Modified Squier Strat (blues and anything)
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Dunlop Original Crybaby GCB-95
get teh Strat and just later put a FR in it.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Squier Classic Vibe Tele
Fulltone Clyde Wah
Fulltone OCD
Fulltone Deja Vibe
Fuzz Factory
Carbon Copy

Boutique Marshall-Style 50watt amp head
Orange 2x12
i <3 schaller..... keep the dinky

its not american is it? im not totally up on the jackson history but i didnt think they put schallers in anything that wasnt american.
And before he died, Taran-Ish had scrawled upon the altar of chrysolite with coarse shaky strokes the sign of DOOM.
no my jackson was made in japan. the only reason why i wanna change to a strat becausse of the strat style and sound. i will miss the floyd whever i play vai, satch, style stuff.
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Quote by voxdude26
no my jackson was made in japan. the only reason why i wanna change to a strat becausse of the strat style and sound. i will miss the floyd whever i play vai, satch, style stuff.

Ah japanese versions are still pretty decent jacksons though. I guess its just going to depend what you like the feel of more.

personally id take the jackson... but some might argue thats because i worship satan
And before he died, Taran-Ish had scrawled upon the altar of chrysolite with coarse shaky strokes the sign of DOOM.
haha i LOVE the jackson, very heavy sound yet can calm down quite a bit. but it just doesnt have that strat feel. how would a hot rails soun din the bridge of the strat?
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Boss DS-1 Distortion
I've heard that hot rails actually sound pretty thin and sterile. I haven't heard much about the mini JB or mini '59 though.

And personally, I'd choose the strat since I love them.
Quote by HxCori<3
well, since fender owns jackson your not switching at all =]

Fender bought out Jackson only a few years ago, in '93 Jackson was its own company.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!
dude,i got a '93 Jackson Dinky XL Professional... i've played some EXPENSIVE guitars including strats. i've never played a guitar tht compares to playing this Jackson... although i guess it really depends on your style of playing. i'm a die-hard metal head,so thts prolly the reason i like the Jackson xD but hey,there's my 2 cents
No, the Japanese Jackson will likely be superior to the strat.

Personally, I'd only trade for something of equal quality. I picked up and played a Fender Pawnshop series mustang the other day in the GC, it was pretty awesome and blew my Mexi strat away, and I love my strat. I'd imagine your Jackson is the same way.
Those jacksons had a reputation for being better then the american models at the time. Keep the jackson. Save for the MIM start its not as if they're expensive used.