Hey I'm new to the forums and I got a couple of questions

1. I play only bass (now) what are some good mostly bass songs (right now I'm lisenting to; between us and them by the moving units, snow (hey oh) by rhcp and a few others by them, and the whole moving pictures album by rush) so anything else like those or are just good like that out there?

2. if you've seen (or been on) space mountain at disney land in the last few weeks you'll know that they put higher ground (red hot chili peppers) on it but before you get going the play a small riff of guitar, a drum solo, and something awsome on bass!!!! what is it and is there tabs or is it a simple scale somewhere (haven't been playing a loooong time so yea) heres a video of it and they say "lets hear some bass" so you know anyone plz let me know this is probably the most awsome thing I ever heard!!

3. this is an opinion question. my friend plays guitar and he is kinda taking over our "band" and he dosent even want to hear my opinion, and when we work on our own stuff its always his and never mine (or this other guy that tags along with us) should I still play with him or just kinda do stuff on my own (not like I'm making an album but still you get what I'm saying)?

thx for all the people who help me out! cya later!!
1.) look into rhcp and they'll keep you occupied for a while.

2.) this is a tab site, do a search, dummy.

3.) he's an ass, get far away from him.
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it
1. check out death from above, primus, and les claypool's solo stuff for a challenge. anesthesia puling teeth by metallica (cliff burton) is also good. master of puppets is a good technique song if you want to work on left hand.
2. no ****ing clue
3.kick him in the face. then the balls. then tell him how things are going to go, and not let him push you over :P
Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~
The Special Ed kid of the bass militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join

Quote by fourstringpunk
She looks like an STD vending machine.
answer for #1 well the newer metallica has some good stuff like the intro to st anger aerosmith led zep also
answer #3 well if you like it then stay but if your serious then do both do your own stuff and play with him but if you get that bug chance to prove yourself to someone thats gonna take you somewhere then jump for it
Can you slap and pop? If not higher ground is going to take some practice.
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
now I can't pop and am newbie like when it comes to slap but I'm working on it. so yea I got some work to do with higher ground. I love snow cause is smooth bass so anything like that, I'm looking into all the songs you guys gave me. its great stuff so keep it comming!
Quote by kevinsmithrocks
now I can't pop and am newbie like when it comes to slap but I'm working on it. so yea I got some work to do with higher ground. I love snow cause is smooth bass so anything like that, I'm looking into all the songs you guys gave me. its great stuff so keep it comming!

Aeroplane by RHCP is smooth and has a simi easy slap and pop line.
probably too hard tho.

Try californication or some other RHCP (newer would be better)

and work on ur slaping and poping. U will be glad u did.
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
Quote by kevinsmithrocks

Oh I take back what I said. As for some good bass to listen to, look up Jaco. As a beginner you're going to have some trouble playing his stuff, most likely.
OMG FLrhcpEA ur right jaco is sooooooo good I'm listening to vampira now, still working on everything else
check out some Children Of bodom when you get a bit more advanced. good rythym training with iron maiden stuff. (galloping bassline and whatnot) check out primus when your more advanced as well. they kick ass hope i didnt repeat anything :P
Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~
The Special Ed kid of the bass militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join

Quote by fourstringpunk
She looks like an STD vending machine.
Last edited by Bass Cat at Feb 21, 2007,
hey i dnt kno if your in to the oldies but the beatles have some pretty groovie base line for alot of their songs and thy're not hard to learn either, so check 'em out

yea and **** the douche in ur band
Quote by kevinsmithrocks
3. this is an opinion question. my friend plays guitar and he is kinda taking over our "band" and he dosent even want to hear my opinion, and when we work on our own stuff its always his and never mine (or this other guy that tags along with us) should I still play with him or just kinda do stuff on my own (not like I'm making an album but still you get what I'm saying)?

That is the worst thing that could happen to a band - ego clash. If I were you I'd be sneaky - I would stay, but just for the sake of playing music with them. Playing with a drummer and a guitarist improves your rhythm like nothing else and since I assume that you're a beginner, the experience will become useful. But at the same time try looking for other musicians to form a band, because there is no way you could ever improve as a musician, with the guitarist being a Hitler. That "friend" is keeping you down musically, get the hell out of there as soon as you can.
Last edited by Lendorav at Feb 22, 2007,
yea I'll just stay with him till the end of summer, (he's going off to collage) and in may my friends getting a citar (kinda a weird combo, bass and citar) so I'll also work with him. He wants to learn a lot of songs on that so I'll help him out with that.
no I know the song is higher ground (still a little way from doing that song) but in the link that I put at the top theres a part before higher ground starts (they say sound check, lets hear guitar, then drums, then "gimmie some of that bass" and flea plays something its like a small scale or something idk enough about music to identify it yet. but thats what I want to have the tabs for! listen to it it sounds soooooo awsome!
Try Led zeppelin - Ramble on, I love playing that song
And your guitarist is an ass, find some other musicians to work with then just go into a practice with this guy thats being a twat and say "right, we are working on my stuff today" and if he kicks you, then fine, go and play with the other musicians who will probably appreciate you more.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
spazzy is that a good thing? if it is yay! if not <----me. I put up my myspace link and I only got like 71 friends so anyone feel like adding some random bass noob with 7 guitars add me! ughh I'm sooo mad, I keep trying to record snow (hey oh) for youtube but I keep messing up somewhere so I have to keep starting over. I'm on like my 30th try, well I'm gonna go make it 31 real quick
I DID IT!!!! yearrrrr!!! finnaly, (probably not a big deal to you guys) I got snow recorded, I'm putting it on my myspace now then I'll put it on youtube and give out the link so you guys will have to let me know what you think (you guys have been a big help so far with everything so I'd love your input!)
try soul to squeeze by RHCP only like 5 sec or so of like onle slap and one pop if i recall its real simple and fun to play
really? they ban for posting twice before someone else does? why? and thx hipster I'll look up that song