Gear:
Carvin CT3
Digitech GNX3
Peavey Classic 30
no.....
Quote by DieGarbageMan
i can become erect whilst displeasing women

What a talented person.
Yea I had no fucking clue what happened at the end on that movie.
i is cool
they've got a sweet song called mad world in it
_b l/ink youreyes /1 for yes 2 fo_r n o
understand what? was it not clear that he died?

But yeah; good movie. Put me in a wierd frame of mind for some time.
member #2 [red army] of the Red vs. Blue Club. PM fret13 to join.
(I wasn't cool enough for a name)
Quote by RHCP94
Pfft, we all know Yakult isn't a person.
Watch it again.

I used to be able to write like a full analysis of it, but all the facts escape me at this point.

Basically, the way I took it at least, is that everything you say/do has a reaction that will eventually, if not directly, effect you.

IE how Donnie write to Grandma Death, and Frank's car has to skid out of the way because she if reading it, eventually leading to whatsherface's death.
And if ever You come near, I will hold up high a mirror.
Lord, I could never show you anything as beautiful as You.
Quote by TOcheesehead
they've got a sweet song called mad world in it

this is true.
he can see in four dimensions which is pretty cool/
Fender '51 Precision Bass
Hofner Verythin LTD Edition Guitar in Walnut w/ Bigsby
Engelhardt ES9 Upright Bass
1968 Trayner YBA 1A MK II Amp
w/ 6x10 cabinet

www.iaminlimbo.com
one of my favorite movies

and just watch it again if your confused

the more you watch it the more theorys you have of what its about
If looks could kill, my charm will scatter faceless dead bodies, everywhere
ehh PM me. I did a review essay of it for school and got 105%. woo.
I'm going to sleep though.
seriously if you want to know, I can tell you a lot.
Quote by Oligarchy
SGRocker0791 and Raijin.xiii are ass holes in case anyone was wondering.

Quote by jimmyjimjim
try not to be such a dick

Quote by jdotp
thanks to the ignorant prick
basically, every time that you watch the movie, you will get more and more of it. thats how it seems at least for me. theres a lot of things i still dont get, and ive seen it like 7 or 8 times. personal favorite for me.
If someone has already said it sorry but i dont feel like reading through the tread. Basically there is a time warp and Donnie skips the part of time where the jet engine falls in his room out of nowhere. Later in the movie he goes back in time and at the time the engine falls in his room while hes in it thus killing him or something to that effect. Ive only seen it once w/ my cousin who happens to be a director and he explained the whole thing to me but i forgot. I dont know much more than that. The guy in the bunny suit and pretty much everything else is beyond me. Sorry i couldnt be of more help.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Last edited by soul_power at Feb 21, 2007,
I don't remember a lot of it, sorry. It's a great movie, though. From what I remember, Donnie is the chosen one to keep the world from ending. However, it's never stated in the film. It has a flaw, and that is that some of the laughs in the film distract from foreshadowing that would be obvious otherwise. It may have been Richard Kelly's intent, though, as it makes the film more mysterious the first few times you watch it, so you don't see them until you've seen the film quite a few times. I think that might be one reason why it's difficult to understand the film.
Been a long time since I've seen it. But, I believe the reason he went back was he saw the crappy stuff that was happening to everyone else. It was due to him not being killed by the engine. The timeline was somehow screwed by that happening and shit got bad for everyone else. So to fix things for everyone else, he put himself in a position to get nailed and die.
Quote by Holy Katana
I don't remember a lot of it, sorry. It's a great movie, though. From what I remember, Donnie is the chosen one to keep the world from ending. However, it's never stated in the film. It has a flaw, and that is that some of the laughs in the film distract from foreshadowing that would be obvious otherwise. It may have been Richard Kelly's intent, though, as it makes the film more mysterious the first few times you watch it, so you don't see them until you've seen the film quite a few times. I think that might be one reason why it's difficult to understand the film.

What do you mean?

What parts do you see as distracting?
donnie was afraid that he was alone in the universe with no God and no purpose. God chose to show him that no-one is alone and that everything is linked eternally and that we all have an intertwined purpose in the universe and Donnie came to see that he was not alone at the end and that his life and death had purpose. Now, keeping this brief explanation in mind, watch the movie again and you will notice new clues.
Last edited by fredgarvin at Feb 22, 2007,