tool. 10,000 days has a few cool (what i deem to be) ambient songs. check it out. for chill music, i think thats it. at least from me :P
Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~
The Special Ed kid of the bass militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join

Quote by fourstringpunk
She looks like an STD vending machine.
Quote by Bass Cat
tool. 10,000 days has a few cool (what i deem to be) ambient songs. check it out. for chill music, i think thats it. at least from me :P

The only 'relaxing' Tool song, IMO, is Disposition. Thanks for the advice, but I don't really find anything relaxing on 10,000 Days.
i actually am a big fan of ambient music. I would recommend for some relaxing easy listening Godspeed You! Black Emperor, MGR, Red Sparrows, Windmills By The Ocean, and even some stuff from Jesu.

I highly suggest to metal and rock enthusiasts to look into the ambient, experimental, and avante garde genre thats exploding. Rock, i am sad to say, is dying right now and bands like these are keeping the creativity alive. If anyone wants anymore bands like these that are maybe a little more heavy just say so.
Samuel Barber's Adagio for Strings.

Rachmaninoff's Piano Concerto No. 2.

Muse's Blackout and Piano Thing.
Thanks for all the help guys . . I agree with ant's statement, there's quite a lot out there to be found!

Any albums I could get, too?
Last edited by ih8u2 at Feb 22, 2007,
If you want relaxing and kinda ambient-y, try DJ Shadow's Endtroducing and Massive Attack too.

Aphex Twin also made some ambient stuff, I think it's Selected Ambient Works or something..
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
maybe you'd like some soft sweet trance for something a little different? try orbital - halcyon & on & on, robert miles - children, and robert miles - fable. i find them all very relaxing.
from daylight...
...into darkness
^OMFG Halcyon On & On and Children are such beautiful songs!

EDIT: I prefer the 4 Clubbers remix though.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Last edited by raise_the_dead at Feb 22, 2007,
There's of course always Radiohead/Pink Floyd/the Postal Service as well.
Quote by raise_the_dead
If you want relaxing and kinda ambient-y, try DJ Shadow's Endtroducing and Massive Attack too.

Aphex Twin also made some ambient stuff, I think it's Selected Ambient Works or something..

I have the first collection of Ambient songs, called Selected Ambient Works 85-92. It's really really good, but the only thing is that their's a track in the middle called Green Calx that has a really trippy part which totally clashes with the ambient feel of the rest of the album. It's still a great collection though.

EDIT: There's aslo Tangerine Dream, who are this german band who have been around forever. They make really spaced out music that's pretty chill to listen too. Also, if you're looking for more pop-oriented stuff their's air, although I find them to be pretty hit and miss (the hits are really good though.)
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

Last edited by pumpkins_rule at Feb 22, 2007,
Alex de Grassi is a brilliant acoustic guitar player but his stuff is hard to find. Try limewire.

Karl Sanders' new album.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
St. Germain's Boulevard album is great one to relaxe to. Dj Olive is another example, and if you dig more guitar based ambient stuff, check out worriedaboutsatan. Specifically, their s/t album which you can get for free from their labels webpage.
Don't be derivative. Explore...
the postal service - give up
thats one of my favorite albums of all time its so complete
Aphex Twin- Selected Ambient Works 1 and 2
The Album Leaf- In a Safe Place
Boards of Canada- Music Has the Right to Children
Sigur Ros- Ba Ba Ti Ki Di Do