My strat has the standard bridge and it falls out of tune pretty fast. I always wondered if I could make it like a hard tail without buying a new bridge. My question is, can I? Can I make it non-tremolo so that it stays in tune longer. I noticed six screws underneath each string on the bridge and I was wondering if maybe I tightened those... I dunno, any suggestions?
or you could get locking tuners and keep the tremelo
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
you can get a fender fixed bridge off MF pretty cheap, just search fender fixed bridge.
1993 Jackson Dinky Professional XL (shred)
Modified Squier Strat (blues and anything)
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Dunlop Original Crybaby GCB-95

^^^these
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
ive got some grover locking tuners that work pretty well...
What new friends will the day bring?

Private in the 7>6

[Member of the Ibanez S Players.] PM Striketalonx to join
Block the trem.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
If you think you will use the trem but just want better stability, than your best bet is locking tuners. If, on the other hand, you think you will never use the trem (like me), you can block it. Just fit another 2 springs in the back (for a total of 5), tighten them, but before you do that, squeeze (they have to be really tight) two small blocks of wood in your tremolo cavity so that essentially the trem block is locked into place. This, done right, gives you a much better sustain!

Like this (not my guitar, just a nice images that is posted every time someone askes your question):
Gear:
Gibson les paul Studio faded, modded Buckethead style (killswitch, 1 tone, 1 vol)
Taylor Big Baby 306-GB
Modded Cort KX-5, runaway (neck) and warthog (bridge)
Laney VC-15
Digitech Bad Monkey, EH Big Muff, crybaby JH-1

just to add. TS, if u max out the springs in that back cavity, and tighten up the two screws in there. the bridge will be so tight u might not need or want the block.

IMO, it's best just to keep the bridge tight, set up correctly for that guitar.
sometimes guys give up on trem bridges prematurely, not knowing that a simple set up would solve their tuning issues.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011