Does anyone here actually listen to the radio. the constant commercials and bad music selection just piss me off. its like, why listen to the radio when you can get your own songs that you like and put them on a cd/ your mp3 and listen to them without commercials. just seems kinda pointless

discuss
Come you masters of war,
You who build the big guns
You who build all the planes
You who build all the bombs
Public radio annoys me. Too much overplaying and too many commercials.

Nevertheless, I don't dislike it too much. After all, I got two free concerts from KROQ
not gonna pay for that. come on, i've got limewire and an endless cd collection to borrow and burn. life is good. who needs radio
Come you masters of war,
Cause people are cheap and dont wanna buy things like that. haha.....I only listen to the radio through my alarm clock when it wakes me up in the morning..

the shittier the music the quicker it wakes me up....or pisses me off.
I almost never listen to the radio in my own vehicle. It's always the Ipod. My mom's van has Sirius so if if I'm driving that I'll listen to it.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
i stopped listening to it a long time ago... its like one big advertisement discussion and it gave me a headache on the way to and from school/work...
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
1. I hate 90% of the music on the radio
2. Commercials for useless shit I know dumbasses will buy piss me off greatly
3. Its all topped off with announcers who aren't funny and morons who call in asking for the same song over and ****ing over

So, no, I gave up the radio long ago.
I listen to the radio only when I'm driving. There's a couple stations that are still good here in Austin. 93.7 plays a lot fo good rawk. 107.1 is a good blues/folk/soul/country station. I listen to public radio sometimes. NPR has some good shows. I prefer listening to local stations over internet or satellite radio because of the fact that they're local. Radio commercials piss me off a lot though. They're worse than TV commercials I think.
Last edited by "Tele" Steve at Feb 22, 2007,
89.5, university of toronto radio, sometimes it sucks, but when it's good it's really good.....
When a song you like comes on the radio, it is a lot more refreshing than just selecting it in your media library, though, don't you think?
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by Smokey Amp
When a song you like comes on the radio, it is a lot more refreshing than just selecting it in your media library, though, don't you think?

the riduculous amount of commercials and all the shitty music they play before they play the good songs isn't worth it. and the fact that if you put it on shuffle, life is beautiful helps
Come you masters of war,
Quote by yawn
^ Well, I usually play my iPod on shuffle anyways.

Yeah, me too. I was just making an argument that was pro radio. If I do listen to the radio (usually when I'm washing dishes), then I listen to classic rock stations on my Dad's DAB radio. I enjoy a lot of the music on there.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Where I live there's a station called 93 rock and I love it. I always listen to it in my car and I like 90% of the songs they play. All the other stations suck though....
I like good internet radio stations. I've found Radiostorm, Virgin Radio UK, and Radio Paradise to be quality listens. They give me the opportunity to branch out to new music, and they play a few songs I recognize. It's really nice.
I sometimes listen to the Craig Charles Funk Show on BBC Radio 6 and Classical FM but I prefer just choosing my own music from CDs/mp3s
i usually listen to my ipod or a cd. but i do really like some talk radio. like Tom Lycus(sp?) that guys a god. mark n brain KLOS morings is great to!
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender American Stratocaster
Taylor 210 Dreadnought Acoustic
Bogner Alchemist 40w 212 Tube combo
Vox V847A Wah Pedal
MXR M-134 Stereo Chorus
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi USA
Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal
Korg Pitch Black
down here in san diego were lucky to still have an independent radio station 94.9
there chill wth music and let you call in pretty much anything, heh and they have
the greatest rule of where they dont allow themselves to talk over the beginning
of songs. i wish more stations would follow their example
local classic rock station is great, they play alot of live sh*t, have 'think Pink' on mondays, and 'led before bed' on wednesdays (an hour each) which is just live sh*t from god knows f*ckin where

they even gave away the guitar George Thorogood used when he toured here
i hardly ever listen to regular radio it just pisses me off, online radio is much better...
I listen in the car, but rarely otherwise. Besides, Craig Nicholls told me not to.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
Quote by Big Ass Wok
Not a problem with classical music stations.

+1
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Quote by BobDylanGuitar
not gonna pay for that. come on, i've got limewire and an endless cd collection to borrow and burn. life is good. who needs radio

Pirate.
I usually just listen to my mp3 player.
The only radio I listen to is talk radio, because when the presenter isn't totally inane it can be entertaining, and it keeps me in touch with the news etc.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington