Such a stupid thread, but I have a question. My car's wireless entry remote is 11 years old and doesn't work, and I was wondering if getting a new one is as simple as just buying another one and tuning it to your car's settings or something, or if the entire system has to be replaced. Because like, this remote is pretty ghetto and I doubt they make it anymore. Perhaps a wiser member of UG has had to go through this in the past. The wireless system isn't factory, it's after market.

Help would be greatly appreciated, it's hard searching for obscure questions like these.
Quote by madbasslover
Until_it_sleeps for the motherfucking win!!!
I'm guessing you'll have to replace the whole system. I don't know much about this kind of thing, but it seems unlikely that you could just replace an eleven-year-old aftermarket remote.
El Gearo:

Fender '69 Reissue Mustang
Fender American Standard P-Bass

Fender Blues Junior
If its aftermarket you'll wanna check out the manufacturer first, or their forum. If they wont get you anywhere you're gonna probably have to replace the whole system unless you can find a way to change the frequency and stuff to match a new remote.
Quote by Until_it_sleeps
...My car's wireless entry remote is 11 years old and doesn't work...

you did try replacing the battery, right?
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
i would believe that you would have to replace the whole system, given the circumstances...
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .