basically, im in the market for a new guitar. im really into classic rock, 60s and 70s is most of what i play but occasionally ill play some grunge. my sound is influenced by the beatles, led zeppelin, pink floyd, eric clapton, RHCP, Kiss, Nirvana, oasis, queen, radiohead, rolling stones, van halen, and ynwie malmsteen. i know its a long list, sry, but its wut i mostly play ( i thought it would be important for you guys to know before advising). so basically im in a lock im tryin to decide between a strat and a studio les paul which do u think woudl fit my stye and needs better and why? (any other recommendations aside from the strat and studio lp are welcome)

oh before i forget, im no expert on neck finishes, but which wood would be better for me and why? (i.e. rosewood).

thanks for readin

PEACE!~
~Good Music Never Dies~

~Rock On!~

Quote by pnoy_sk8er21
are there any marshall tube amps?

Quote by myMesa8mybrain
Gibson Faded Flying V was sex in guitar form.

Quote by boredretard
i once went to a shop and bought a squier
I Love Les Pauls but a H-S-S strat might be a good fit, as for finishes, i think you are meaning fretboards... I prefer rosewood, or ebony but again i would say that a maple fretboard might be a better match for you..
Cort G290 EMG 89/SA/SA
Cort MR 780FX

#19 Member of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Group. PM Narmi.

Founder of the "Cort Domination Group"
im willing to spend a bit over a grand...so nothing too much like a PRS, lol...oh and Metallica12_12 why would maple be good? (sry if i sound lidiotic, i just rly dunt know much about fretboard finshes)
~Good Music Never Dies~

~Rock On!~

Quote by pnoy_sk8er21

Quote by myMesa8mybrain

Quote by boredretard
lol im surprised no one has yet suggested the lp over the strat, lol...anyways my friend has been nudgin me to get the lp instead, if i were to get the lp would it fit my style or should i forget it and ignore him and get the strat instead?
~Good Music Never Dies~

~Rock On!~

Quote by pnoy_sk8er21

Quote by myMesa8mybrain

Quote by boredretard
Based on the majority of what music you play i'd say a Strat would be the best choice, you can get an american one for just under $1000, it'd be a worthwhile investment, strats kick ass.
IMO a strat would suit better as strats come higher quality for less money than an LP. LPs are, IMO, far too overrated. Strats take the win in my book.

Although, consider a tele for rock.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
hmm, most of u are sayin fender strat, which model u think would be best....idealy i would want to have the warm and powerful rhythm tone that lp has and well its quite obvious if you are gettin a strat that its amazing for solos, so i guess im askin whihc model of the strat is more well rounded great for solos and awesome (or very closely compared to lp) for rhythm?
~Good Music Never Dies~

~Rock On!~

Quote by pnoy_sk8er21

Quote by myMesa8mybrain

Quote by boredretard
Go try a bunch of strats and pauls out. Buy the one you like the most.
i know, i will, im jsut asking to get better knowledge on the subject so ill go in and isntead of trying a lot of guitars ill try an unlimited few but give them my undivided attention...anymore suggestions?
~Good Music Never Dies~

~Rock On!~

Quote by pnoy_sk8er21

Quote by myMesa8mybrain

Quote by boredretard
any1? im still looking for opinions
~Good Music Never Dies~

~Rock On!~

Quote by pnoy_sk8er21

Quote by myMesa8mybrain

Quote by boredretard
i would say strat too,

and both strats and les pauls are good for rythem and lead
gear:
fender mim telecaster w/ some extra stuff
Vox Ad50vt
Vox V847 Wah
Boss OS-2
Keeley Boss DS-1 Ultra
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi USA
MXR Phase 90