i was listening to some Van Halen the other day and my dad was tlkin bout david lee roth not bein that great of a singer when a guitar solo came in,and it was very boring and the same tapping part over and over,i dont remember what song,but it made me wonder what good songs have bad soos,or what crappy songs have awesome solos...
What new friends will the day bring?

Private in the 7>6

[Member of the Ibanez S Players.] PM Striketalonx to join
It seems like you were talking about how the song was bad, and then a bad solo came in. I don't see which one is the good part. I can't think of any great songs with crappy solos or vice versa.
Both parts have to be good otherwise the song isn't really good...
Cort G290 EMG 89/SA/SA
Cort MR 780FX

#19 Member of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Group. PM Narmi.

Founder of the "Cort Domination Group"
Quote by jmt
It seems like you were talking about how the song was bad, and then a bad solo came in. I don't see which one is the good part. I can't think of any great songs with crappy solos or vice versa.

no my dad was jus tlkin about how he didnt like Roth...then i didnt like eddies guitar solo that came in...sry if his unliking got mixed with mine..
What new friends will the day bring?

Private in the 7>6

[Member of the Ibanez S Players.] PM Striketalonx to join
My Sharona- The Knack http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNgvG2Ll9rA
I don't really like the song a whole lot but its got an amazingly melodic guitar solo. Its a shame no one ever hears the solo though.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
Last edited by yeahyeah at Feb 22, 2007,
settle for nothing off of self titled rage was an absolutely awful song, the vocals and the riff were just bad, but then the solo came on and I just laughed t how good and different from the rest of the song it was
Cinnamon Girl by Neil Young is an awesome song but the solo is kinda bullshit. Being one note and all.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke