JUst got my new 1570, but didnt come set up like shop said it would!
Costs 55 busks to set up so thought id do it myself.
Tuned it correctly but the bridge is not parallel to body, about 2 millimetres
off centre outward.
The screws at the back are really tight and i cant turn them myself. What should i do?
Also do i need to completly loosen the strings before I start to adjust the springs in the back?
any help appreciated.
cheers
**** dude.. i wouldnt mess with it lol , just pay that 55 bucks.. go to a gig and earn it back then yeah.. prob solved
what gauge are you using? wat tuning? how many springs are there at the back?
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
using .10 i think, whatever comes stock on them i assume which i think is .10 D'addario's. It has 3 springs btw. But i think it just needs time to settle in and let the strings and springs stretch a bit.
also, it doesnt really matter if its off a millimeter or 2. does it?
my teacher said it wasnt a problem anyway.
What you all think?
Quote by EdDx
**** dude.. i wouldnt mess with it lol , just pay that 55 bucks.. go to a gig and earn it back then yeah.. prob solved

Agreed. It'll only end in tears.
Quote by guitartom
using .10 i think, whatever comes stock on them i assume which i think is .10 D'addario's. It has 3 springs btw. But i think it just needs time to settle in and let the strings and springs stretch a bit.
also, it doesnt really matter if its off a millimeter or 2. does it?
my teacher said it wasnt a problem anyway.
What you all think?

It originally came with 9s. And you SHOULD be able to achieve parallel level with 3 springs. Check if you've accidentally overtuned some of the strings to become sharper. Make sure your fine tuners are at middle position when you tune. Do you know the proper way to tune the system?
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Yes, i always tune it with fine tuners in the middle, and i know the whole drill, i have actually read your posts on this a few times, and the whole explanation you provided for other prople. which was very good.
Its ok though now, i just tuned it again and its looking alright, no strings are sharp, only some a little flat, but only very slightly, but it all looks in tune now but is still about a millimetre off. But i can live with that.
So i think its ok. Its a good exercise to practice though, i think ill be doing it a bit over th next few weeks just to practice. Im getting faster lol.
Practice is good, its just one thing, dont rush/overdo it.

When you've strung all of the strings, its good to rock the bridge up and down a few times to let it adjust itself. Since the guitar is brand new, just play it ever so often to let the springs become more spongy.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic