Anyone have any expeirience w/ Carvin? Ive heard from a couple people that they are good. U can get a 100 watt tube amp for like $400 on ebay. Seems like a pretty good deal to me considering its only $300 more than the valve jr and has way more features. Anyone used carvin before? If so how are they? I play mostly classic rock blues and RHCP type cleans.
EDIT: OK this seams like a hell of a deal. I emailed the guy and he told me that the head was an MTS3200 http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/msg/279953067.html
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Last edited by soul_power at Feb 22, 2007,
Then you should go for the MTS series.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
I used to own the MTS3200 100 watt head and the Legacy cabinet. Better cleans than any Marshall I've ever played, Crunch was great (when I switched out the 5881 poweramp tubes and the 12ax7 preamps for EL34's and ECC83's) and the distortion was smooth.
Great deal for the money IMO.
Auto bias, power reduction, reverb, what more could you want?
Bump due to edit.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by demea
when I switched out the 5881 poweramp tubes and the 12ax7 preamps for EL34's and ECC83's)

12AX7s are ECC83s.
i have the v3. its so amazing. its heavy, its soft, its got great cleans and however much distortion you want....well in my opinion it does. but all in all, this carvin tube amp is great.
Gear: Ibanez RG350ex , Schecter Gryphon , Paul Reed Smith Santana SE , Fender Standard Splatter Strat , Peavy Raptor ,Carvin v3 , Peavey cab . BOSS DD-6 Digital Delay , flanger ,super overdrive , turbo distortion ,and DIME Crybaby From Hell.
not trying to take over the thread or anything but is the Carvin MTS series of cabs and head good? I play Thrash, Speed, and some Death metal. ex: Metallica(mostly Metallica, everything from Kill 'Em All - St. Anger), Megadeth, Slayer, Pantera, Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, Death, etc., etc. Also, good cleans?
METALLICA
MACHINE HEAD

JANUARY 13TH

JOE LOUIS ARENA

Quote by Jehuty
It's not rape if you yell surprise.

Quote by ZanasCross
Girls his dad's age rarely still have nice asses. Gravity attacks.
Quote by Roc8995
12AX7s are ECC83s.

True. Let me rephrase that by saying it was COMPLETLY RETUBED with tubes that didnt come stock in it.