what u guy's thoughts on this new project the DeLeo brothers have going? i loved the pilots and this new band isnt half bad! i have tickets to go see them march 1 and i think its gonna be a great show!?
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender American Stratocaster
Taylor 210 Dreadnought Acoustic
Bogner Alchemist 40w 212 Tube combo
Vox V847A Wah Pedal
MXR M-134 Stereo Chorus
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi USA
Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal
Korg Pitch Black
I really love STP so I was pretty stoked when I heard about the new band. then I heard them and was greatly disappointed.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
i've only heard a few songs from them yet but i liked what i heard. i don't think that what's his name from filter is half the songwriter scott wylan (insert correct spelling here) is, but i have always liked deleo's arrangements. he uses nice chord progressions. and not everyday run of the mill chords either. he could possibly be the best rhythm player around today, but that's a new thread. i think i'll start it!
I saw them in Norfolk earlier this month w/ Hurt and Dropping Daylight. They put on one hell of a show. You're gonna have a ball.
Your friendly neighborhood Stoner.........Rocker.

Myspace
^ :O they ****ning kickass! They are so ****ing energetic live and throw off a hell of a show my friend. Plus the singer *also from filter* has a voice of a god! Please listen to more of them before you say horrible things like this.
1# member of R.I.P layne staley club pm me to join
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
Quote by Lukeisonfire
^ :O they ****ning kickass! They are so ****ing energetic live and throw off a hell of a show my friend. Plus the singer *also from filter* has a voice of a god! Please listen to more of them before you say horrible things like this.

Nothing about them stands out to me. They're just another bland, here today gone tomorrow, collaboration band. There's too many of those now days now that I mention it.
LOL
^ but there not they are a giant talent ball the band alterbridge is that. A bland superband that everyone praises when their not that good.
1# member of R.I.P layne staley club pm me to join
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
Quote by civildp1
I really love STP so I was pretty stoked when I heard about the new band. then I heard them and was greatly disappointed.

Pretty same here, I love STP and think Dean DeLeo is one of the most underrated guitarists of the 90's but Army of Anyone can't stand up to STP.

I think Army of Anyone would be masterclass if Chris Cornell joined them, I would really love for that to happen.
I Like Music
Quote by vinniebeast
Pretty same here, I love STP and think Dean DeLeo is one of the most underrated guitarists of the 90's but Army of Anyone can't stand up to STP.

I think Army of Anyone would be masterclass if Chris Cornell joined them, I would really love for that to happen.

hmmmmm interesting idea, i haven't heard Army but im a big fan of STP

Just so you kno Lukeisonfire, im not following you around the UG forum, you seem to have good music taste, so i guess we are gona wind up in the same threads, lol
MySpace Profile
If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding. How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?

Quote by Sunburst Six
I saw them in Norfolk earlier this month w/ Hurt and Dropping Daylight. They put on one hell of a show. You're gonna have a ball.

I saw Hurt in Norfolk but they were opening for AIC.

I listened to the Army of Anyone album and thought it was stale.
Discolored skin gives me away.
Quote by Lukeisonfire
^ but there not they are a giant talent ball the band alterbridge is that. A bland superband that everyone praises when their not that good.

Alterbridge > Quebec or wherever the hell you are from.
I think DeLeo's guitar was the worst part of STP. I gave them a listen all ready to like em, but they're so boring, like musical mashed potatoes.
Quote by Siftings
...but they're so boring, like musical mashed potatoes.

A fitting analogy.