Page 1 of 190
(Invalid img)

Quite similar to the Mesa/Boogie thread, I hope this thread can answer all answers of Orange amps questions (considering there have been a lot lately!), sound clips, pix, discussion or just showing off your orange set up!

Also, add up pictures of your gear and post em' here! (includes any gear that's considerably orange! )

Let's get it on!

http://www.orangeamps.com/

-Amps
Tiny Terror - $550.00
Thunderverb Head - $2,699.00
AD30HTC - $1,399.00
AD140HTC - $1,949.00
Rockerverb 100 Head - $1,999.00
Rocker 30 Watt Head - $1,249.00
Rocker 30 Combo - $1,350.00

Crush 30 R Combo - $250
Crush 15 R Combo - $150

-Cabs
2x12 Celestion Cabinet - $580
4x12 Celestion Cabinet - $939
1x12 Celestion Cabinet - $350

More to be added...

Artists who use ORANGE amps
http://orangeamps.com/artists/

-Sound Clips

Orange Amps

History of Orange Amps
http://www.orangeamps.com/history/

Old and present Catalogues of Orange Amp's days.
http://www.orangeamps.com/catalogues/

-Pictures
Jinskee

-Orange Rocker 30 Combo

Kurapica

-Orange Rocker 30 Combo and more.

TheDev01dOne

-Thunderverb 200 and more.

Philjay

-Tiny Terror Head

Lordoflax

-Tiny Terror Head w/ 2x12 Cab
Gabel :love:

-Orange Rocker 30 Combo
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Last edited by Jinskee at Feb 2, 2008,
No surprise who started this thread.
I tried my friend's Orange Thunderverb head and it echoes and delays like crazy even with the slightest bump of the reverb knob. Who would want that thing up to 10?
200 watts sounded awesome though.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
^

What can I say?

I still haven't cranked the rocker 30 yet...I'm still pretty pissed I haven't. I feel I'm not even doing the amp any justice at the moment .

Oh well, I have my cube 30 for playing at home sakes! , The rocker gets waaaay too loud. After 4 it's just pure throbbing.

edit: And they finally came out with the 1x12 speaker! Wewt!

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Classic looking amps. Always wanted to try one. But damn they are expensive.
Quote by IROBOTInferno
Dumbass that is a classical guitar, use nylon strings or the neck will crack... and not the kind you were smoking when you wrote this.
Quote by fafinaf
do you have to advertise your love for orange everywhere?

Duh'.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
^I actually haven't. Honestly, I don't plan to anytime soon, unless if it's in an open area and my cord is 75 feet...

200 watts? Man, that's insane.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
^Ahh, that's right. It's a bass/guitar amp.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
^Not sure about the speaker...

200 Watts Tube Power
4x6550 Power Tubes
Built in Attenuator
Tube Driven Reverb and FX Loop
Great for Guitar or Bass

But apparently it has sa built in attenuator!

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
^Ah, I guess that figures...

Speaking about hot...I've been playing right in front of the orange and in the vent area right above the amp...it literally starts to burn me up. Quite useful in those "I can't play because my fingers are freezing cold" moments.

EDIT: I don't think it does! Is that a problem for pedals? -_-

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Haha. I hate those moments. I tried to show a friend a riff just outside my car, and I looked like a jackass cause I kept shivering.

Nah, FX Loops are cool cause you can throw certain types of FX before the power tube section and after the preamp. It's supposed to be tonally better, but I haven't tried it. It's not really a problem, though. It works fine without it.
^Reassuring and also, I know how you feel .

I'm planning on selling the wah I own for an OD pedal or something.

fulltone ocd ftw. And i'm in needing for a reverb pedal! I've heard the holy grail being played and after I heard it...I was so pissed how all of those internet site reviews reviewed it so badly! It sounded so creamy and all.

But yeah, about the reverb...my tone feels so dry...but pretty thick without it. I miss it after over-using it on the cube30 .

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Really? Bad reviews? I've heard tons of good stuff about it.
Perhaps getting the other 'higher' models would avoid any problems?

Only problem I have with Fulltone is the price tag. I just got a pedal from Pink, that's both a treble booster and a full-range booster. 100 bucks for two pedals in one. Great value, I think - I can pretty much hit every kind of tone I'm looking for.
What do you mean by avoiding the problems? And are you talking about the "holier" and "holiest" grail? (love those names ).

I'll look into Pink's models. Cheers.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
^

I've started an orange cult.

Orange Oyster Cult FTW!

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
I modeled channel 2 on my Recto to sound pretty damn close to the Orange sound. I use that the most lately. I played the Rocker30 yesterday for awhile and I found that I can get my Recto sounding pretty much dead on to that kind of sound. lol w00t. Which is good because I love that sound.

MORE COWBELL!
^Did you enjoy playing it? And grats on achieving the tone! :O!!

All you have to do is repaint your amp...

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
^ Almost did.

Jk. I was gunna get some high quality materials and cover my amp all nice.

Ill get pics when I do it!
Hah, Muchios love for Orange, My next amp will be a tube orange, ATM its only the crush i've got for practice, what one of their amps is the heavier sound, the AD of the rocker? its the AD isnt it?

but either way, Orange = Teh Sex
^I thought the rocker had more of a heavier sound...never got the amp in overdrive yet so I wouldn't know. But the AD rocker is pretty nice visually, doesn't hat thing have 2 separate channels?

Also, I've heard the crush 30, it doesn't sound that bad at all.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
^ Yeah, I know the AD has two seperate channels entirely, I think you have seperate controls for both, EQ wise (or so it looks that way)

And yeah, for a practice SS amp, I was hugely surprised at the quality of the crush, as I said, I use it for practice, and my peavey for my band, but it has great cleans, TBH comparable to my peavey at times.
^Well, good luck.

Orange amps are quite expensive, hopefully you'll become a rightful owner soon. woot.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
I've played a tiny terror and AD30 combo, they were great amps, and I've heard a few Orange's at gigs (Wolfmother's Andrew Stockdale uses 2) and they're amazing sounding.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
And not only Andrew Stockdale.But the band Jet plays with Orange amps.I guess it sticks with their kind of music.Anyway I love orange amps and I would me happy if I owned a Crush 30Too bad they're expensive.I'm stuck with my marshall here...
My pedals:
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah GCB-95
Ibanez Tube Screamer (TS-9)
Digitech Hot Head
MXR Phase 90
Digitech DigiDelay
Quote by Jinskee
I've started an orange cult.

Orange Oyster Cult FTW!

You're starting to remind me of the morning Cartman woke up and discovered he was a ginger kid...

You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Thomas Erak uses Orange. Omar Rodreguez(sp?) uses them. Stone Sour uses them. Slipknot uses the, Cody Votolato (Blood Brothers) uses them.

The AD can get a bit heavier IMO but thats just me. I love the split EQ, my current amp only has EQ for the clean channel, and I dont really want to buy an EQ pedal.

The Thunderverb can be switched down to 100W, and has a built in attenuator. Tat thing is pure genious.

The funny thing about this thread is the fact that I remember no one on here really being into Orange.
I'd kill for an Orange right now, my gas for one started when I tried out a Tiny Terror.

Dilemma.

I'm gonna' probably buy another amp sometime this year, but I'll be living in Uni flats so I won't be able to make the most of it in the bedroom, Tiny Terror+cab or a Rocker? (I'm keeping the Blues Jr by the way...)
Don't be afraid to care"

Quote by Jinskee
What do you mean by avoiding the problems? And are you talking about the "holier" and "holiest" grail? (love those names ).

I'll look into Pink's models. Cheers.

Oh, I dunno, I read on some reviews that people had some probs...Everyone still said it sounded fantastic, though. What kinda bad stuff did you hear about the Holy Grail?

Haha. Orange Oyster Cult.
Quote by Jinskee
Quite similar to the Mesa/Boogie thread, I hope this thread can answer all answers of Orange amps questions (considering there have been alot lately!), sound clips, pix, discussion or just showing off your orange set up!

Let's get it on!

http://www.orangeamps.com/

Amps
Tiny Terror - $550.00
Thunderverb Head - $2,699.00
AD30HTC - $1,399.00
AD140HTC - $1,949.00
Rockerverb 100 Head - $1,999.00
Rocker 30 Watt Head - $1,249.00
Rocker 30 Combo - $1,350.00

Crush 30 R Combo - $250
Crush 15 R Combo - $150

Cabs
2x12 Celestion Cabinet - $580
4x12 Celestion Cabinet - $939
1x12 Celestion Cabinet - $350

ORANGE SUCK!!!!!! because I dont have one.............

Nah they are brilliant, but its really amazing how popular they are getting!!
^I'm getting shocked myself False_God. Didn't know wth they were until last year.

Quote by slatsmania
You're starting to remind me of the morning Cartman woke up and discovered he was a ginger kid...

Quote by R_H_C_P
I'd kill for an Orange right now, my gas for one started when I tried out a Tiny Terror.

Dilemma.

I'm gonna' probably buy another amp sometime this year, but I'll be living in Uni flats so I won't be able to make the most of it in the bedroom, Tiny Terror+cab or a Rocker? (I'm keeping the Blues Jr by the way...)

You should go check out the rocker also, considering you haven't tried it yet. It's awesome! But definably not for home stay playing.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
If you are looking for a reverb, I may recommend the Pink Verb. Don't tell that pink queen, though. It is made by call1800ksmyazz, and they have a problem. It is a reverb tank with an overdrive built in, and i'm sure he can just do the reverb for you. Look into it.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Woo orange post having just got mine on feb 7th (what a happy day) going from a marshall MGdfx 50 To this well lets just say the marshall is gonna be getting real dusty orange are amazing i didnt even know i was getting one as they are pretty hard to find in the UK but just makes it all the better i managed to get one its a Rocker 30 Btw

id be interested to know what settings you guys have yours on in my search for awesome tones
Im seriously GASing after an AD30HTC. Im currently playing through an old SS Fender M80 that goes from no distortion to metal territory with no inbetween, and is totally sterile sounding. I went to my local GC and they had an AD140HTC, that I played through. The thing is amazing. The dynamics are absolutely solid, and the distortion is soooo smooth and liquid. If I had the dough Id have dropped it right there.
Bloody hell. Stop rubbing it in. -Stares angrilly at her MG-
Ahh, i'm getting my laney pretty soon anyhow.

I wanted to try the rocker 30 a while a go, but my friends where getting impatient and yelling at me. Will have to go back though.

As for the reverb, I have the holy grail and it is by far my most used pedal. Fantastic little thing, however with the level above halfway things start getting a bit too 80s new wave for me, it also cuts a bit of the volume when you set it too high, it does the surf thing nicely though but it's probably best left to just subtle touches.
I've started using my Deluxe Memory Man when I need reverb(even though it's got a bit of delay, but so what?), it's got such a damn nice sound to it I can't stop using it.
Don't be afraid to care"