Page 3 of 190
a word of caution, I wouldn't use that blanket thing too often. Tube amps can get very hot if they aren't getting at least some ventilation.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
^Thanks for the warning man. I just noticed that a few minutes ago...but I'm telling ya! Tube amps can be a preeety good warmer on those cold windy days.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Everyone, can someone here explain what the OHMS is? I have like...3 in the back of my amp and I have no clue what they do.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
^It's for the impedence of the cab to connect to, you should only use matching impedences from the amp to the cab (some amps are switchable)
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
$160 new, $160 on ebay.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by tubab0y
$160 new, $160 on ebay.

I thought they go for 170-180 new.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
/BUMP!

I added an extra theme everyone...

This thread is to also discuss about orange guitar and your gears of orange...things...GO!

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
lmao i only just found this thread. I feel sad i didnt post earlier...

anyway, dream orange rig:

Full-stack Orange setup, featuring an Orange Rockerverb 50 and two 4x12 cabs, just because that would look sweet.

I want to upgrade from my rocker 30 head, only because it doesnt have an FX loop, and i wouldn't mind one for adding extra things into my not-to-shabby pedalboard, or even perhaps a rackmounted compressor/noise gate. They can be put in the FX loop, right?

Do orange even make guitars, Jinskee? haha, unless you mean talk about guitars that are orange in colour. But seriously, Orange making guitars? never head about that.
^

+

=
SEX!

!!!

But seriously, yeah, where were you intermission!!!

My dream orange rig would have to be a Orange full stack of a Rockerverb 50 AND an AD120....they're so hawt!

I wouldn't mine an FX loop either, but can't pedalboards go INFRONT of the amp and guitar?

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Ahhhh I want one. God damn it. I want a Tiny Terror. I used to have a Vox AC15 but the ****in thing burned down in a fire.
^Are you serious? Wow, my condolences.

But the tiny terror is pretty dang sweet itself!

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
God damn please let this thread die!!
Its depressin, especially since I head loads of clips and how versitile ther rockerverb is!! lol
Does the rocker 30 combo have a good clean sound? Can i play it at home?
Quote by d3baser
Does the rocker 30 combo have a good clean sound? Can i play it at home?

Yes, it has great clean tone. You can use it at home if you wish, you may need to buy an attenuator, but personally, I like it quite much at lower volumes...sounds nice .

Quote by guitarted
Jinskee - Are you talking about the AD140? Or is there a new Orange?

My mistake, I meant the 140!

Quote by False_God
God damn please let this thread die!!
Its depressin, especially since I head loads of clips and how versitile ther rockerverb is!! lol

Very high gain too.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by Jinskee
^Are you serious? Wow, my condolences.

But the tiny terror is pretty dang sweet itself!

I'm not too concerned about it. It was an AC15 CC, and it was no vintage AC30. Vox really skimped on it I think. The Tiny Terror pwns it in pretty much every way.
^

I'm planning on getting myself a vox AC30 for the glassy cleans and classic rock stuff. The orange is great for cleans! But even better on distortion.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
I went to the shop today (different one) and played with the AD30 combo, single channel one.. and it was really lame.. It didn't even get close to the metal sound I'm after (With a guitar with EMGs too) So now I'm not sure. I'll have to go back up and play the head, 2 channel one again. I've kinda swayed back to a dual rectifier now.. Which is $6200 instead of $3050..

Is there a difference beween the combo one and the 2 channel head? More gain in the head?
Could it also have been the speakers? The head was coming through a 240W 4x12 I think the combo is 1x12
^Woah. Well, AD's aren't known for their crushing distortion and high gain...well, Orange ITSELF isn't known for high gain such as...a peavey or something. But AD's are more of a classic rockish, mid ranged toned amp.

Rockers have more gain and a bit more crunch imo. I say if you want a heavy metal sound, look else where =\. Glad you checked out orange though!

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
But it sounded pretty metal in the other shop. Drop tuned to B and everything..
I'm going up there probably this weekend anyway to hopefully test play a thunderverb so I'll take my guitar and I can test the other one again while I'm there.
Was it the 2 amp channeled one? Strange...

Yeah, good idea, just keep testing out different amp models and see if Orange really is for you.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Last edited by Jinskee at Feb 26, 2007,
But seriously, yeah, where were you intermission!!!

My dream orange rig would have to be a Orange full stack of a Rockerverb 50 AND an AD120....they're so hawt!

I wouldn't mine an FX loop either, but can't pedalboards go INFRONT of the amp and guitar?

I was playing guitar. what else do UG'ers do other than hang around on here? God!

yeah, that's what im doing at the moment. Guitar--->wah-->metal muff-->EQ-->Delay--> ORANGE!

but, i want to upgrade to a rockerverb 50 because the FX loop is looking good for rackmount gear.

Also, does anyone else notice Jinskee's dedication to this thread? every second post is his!!
^

I just have...way too much time on my hands.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
^Yuuupz. Matamps.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
will someone please buy me an Orange? thanks.
"A favor, Captain, a word with you...
My system's gone and lost it's mind."
Still in my first year with my beloved Rocker 30 combo. Advice for anyone that has mentioned the Fulltone OCD and the EH Holy Grail, as an owner of both of them I can strongly support the decision to pick up both of them. Orange and the Holy Grail sound like they were essentially made for each other and the OCD on the Orange's clean channel is my primary source of rhythm tones - I'll kick in both the amps OD and the Fulltone to "turn it up to 11" for lead lines, heavy riffs and breakdowns.

I never thought I'd say it but I really may be fully satisfied with my rig and tone and not need to buy any new gear for a long time. Although an Avatar 2x12 or Orange PPC 1x12 would be great. I'd love to put one cab on either side of the drums for shows. Volume isn't an issue tho, for anyone that plays shows in small-medium sized venues. My volume has never had to go higher than 4...just enough that the tubes start cooking and the amps come alive.
Gibson SG Standard
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Fulltone OCD
EH Holy Grail
Quote by Jinskee
Everyone, can someone here explain what the OHMS is? I have like...3 in the back of my amp and I have no clue what they do.

Meant to respond to you earlier. Orange cabs tend to be 16 ohms so if you were to connect your R30c to an Orange cab you would plug the cab into the 16 ohm jack (which is currently where your combos internal speaker is plugged into - think of the combo's speaker as its own seperate 16 ohm cab). If you want the cab AND combo to be going at the same time, you plug the external cab and the internal speaker each into 1 of the two 8 ohm jacks. If you have an external 8 ohm cab, you will need to unplug the combo's speaker and just plug the cab into 1 8 ohm jack or risk hurting your darling amp. Hope that helped a bit.
Gibson SG Standard
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Fulltone OCD
EH Holy Grail
Was considering a tiny terror partly because you can use it for practise (7/15W) and it can be as loud as a 30W all tube. I also always use good chunky classic overdrive, deep purple but also like the old insane metal distort but less so. Is it for me?

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Oranges are actually a revolution though - they're the next step from Rectos IMO.
^Try one out and see.

It'll get gainy with an OD or booster, but it's voiced for (darkish crunchy) classic rock
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Ok thanks

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Oranges are actually a revolution though - they're the next step from Rectos IMO.
Since I've only played the Tiny Terror and a Rocker 30, I don't really know that much about Orange amps. I've been looking into the 2061x just cause I love the tone, but I hate the pricetag. So how well could an Orange do those plexi tones?
Quote by rockxwl
Still in my first year with my beloved Rocker 30 combo. Advice for anyone that has mentioned the Fulltone OCD and the EH Holy Grail, as an owner of both of them I can strongly support the decision to pick up both of them. Orange and the Holy Grail sound like they were essentially made for each other and the OCD on the Orange's clean channel is my primary source of rhythm tones - I'll kick in both the amps OD and the Fulltone to "turn it up to 11" for lead lines, heavy riffs and breakdowns.

I never thought I'd say it but I really may be fully satisfied with my rig and tone and not need to buy any new gear for a long time. Although an Avatar 2x12 or Orange PPC 1x12 would be great. I'd love to put one cab on either side of the drums for shows. Volume isn't an issue tho, for anyone that plays shows in small-medium sized venues. My volume has never had to go higher than 4...just enough that the tubes start cooking and the amps come alive.

I would'nt mind a 1x12, my orange will be a orange half stack of cabs !

But yeah, your pedals are really the ones I want right now...

And thanks rockxwl for the explanation, helped out a bit.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
is orange a good variety amp... like will it play hardcore and then turn around and play blues rock?
Do a barrel roll!