Page 5 of 190
*cringes at heavy combos*

I could barely life the vox ac30.... I'm so weak .
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
^OMG!!!!!@#@!#!@#!@

DUDE, congrats man! Get the pics : D. Have fun with it!

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
It's such a cool amp. And the attenuator is awesome but the best part was definitely the price.
I'm getting the head for $3099 and the 240 quad with vintage 30s for $1350. Oh man I can't wait to bring it home and **** with it for hours. I played it for aout 2 hours in the shop today. It can easily get metal sounds on 100W, channel 2 with the gain cranked and the cleans on the 200W setting are orgasmic.

EDIT: Prices are AUD of course.
^Cheers man, I'm glad you finally found YOUR amp. Another Orange recruit coming in quite soon.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
So am I...

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Hardly anyone has them in AUS Like i seriously know no one else who owns one. Some people don't even know they exist. Which was another big part of me wanting one.

I like the fact that everyone thinks they're just rock amps too 'cos it gives me a different metal tone to anyone else. That's always good too.
^YUP!

I've heard many gig stories and battle of the band stories with dudes with ORANGE tube amps. You get strange looks from the audience...then when they hear you play, they start smiling . The tone really does set you apart from others.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by Jinskee
^YUP!

I've heard many gig stories and battle of the band stories with dudes with ORANGE tube amps. You get strange looks from the audience...then when they hear you play, they start smiling . The tone really does set you apart from others.

too bad they dont come in other colors... i know i know, its orange because its CALLED orange, but still... i dont like colors that calls for attention.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by Ryank285
yeah, i REALLY got owned when the cabinet cover is orange/brownish. idiot...

Someone didn't get to bed time in time....

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
*Makes love with everyone*

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
hi
is the crush 30 R loud enough for band practice and small gigs ? there's one near where I live.

Also can you play jazz on them ? get nice jazz tones ? what bout metal ?

sorry if these questions have been asked already
grr curse england and its lack of orange retailers ill have to search for one no way i can get one unless i win the lottery though lol ah well have you tried it with a bass yet ?
That's funny I got bout the same gear you got Mr TheDev01dOne, humbucker guitar and zoom g2

Do you still use the drive effects on your zoom with you orange amp ? What about feedback ? Can you get those nice grunge feedbacks ?
I don't own the amp yet, and no as of now I will be using no effects. And especially not the crappy zoom pedal.

Maybe a OD pedal if I need abit of xtra kick, that's about all. I don't want to kill the amps tone.
yeah i dont know why they are so hard to find i dont know if its the same in other countries but yeah it does seem wierd as they are made here lol
There's a lot of dealers here in America. It just so happens that they aren't close to me
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by 666_Pounder
yeah ill check around on tinternet there is probably a few down in london just gotta get down there

A heads up if your coming down to london, theres teh famous 'Denmark Street' ridden with guitar shops, worth going btw. Theres also a shop on the main road that denmark street branches off of called turnkey, go upstairs where all the guitars are, great selection!
THats where I tried a PRS SE Singlecut. Not sure if they have any orange amps but they sure as hell have some ****ing big ones

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Oranges are actually a revolution though - they're the next step from Rectos IMO.
Anyone ever switch out the speaker(s) in their Orange amp? They have come stock with Vintage 30's for years but I've heard of people switching out speakers with mixed reviews. Also, I heard that Orange is starting to use a different type of speaker as stock now, anyone remember what that speaker is called and what do you think of it? Have you tried it side by side with an Orange loaded with V30s?

Edit: P.S. For anyone that is pretty invested in this thread (I'm looking at you Jinskee), I highly suggest you go on over and check out the Orangeamps.com forum - everyone there is incredibly knowledgable and a great diverse mix of Orange owners and fanatics from around the world. My knowledge of tube amps and how they work has increased dramatically simply by participating in that one forum.
Gibson SG Standard
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Fulltone OCD
EH Holy Grail
Last edited by rockxwl at Mar 3, 2007,
if they are starting to use different ones it must have been really recent cos as far as i know mine was built this year/late last year (but dont quote me on that i might be wrong) and has the celestion vintage 30
Seller has a good rating, just prepare for the price to skyrocket over the next day. Good luck! I love that tiny little guy and he'll make you very happy =)
Gibson SG Standard
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Fulltone OCD
EH Holy Grail
how's the mini crush? it's ss right

nowhere have i fuond out how many watts it is. Nor if it can run on an ac cable

how good is it? i've always been interested in getting a mini/battery powered amp
Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Squier SG (Specs Unknown)
Kustom KGA-10 Ten watt practice amp
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build
Quote by rockxwl
Anyone ever switch out the speaker(s) in their Orange amp? They have come stock with Vintage 30's for years but I've heard of people switching out speakers with mixed reviews. Also, I heard that Orange is starting to use a different type of speaker as stock now, anyone remember what that speaker is called and what do you think of it? Have you tried it side by side with an Orange loaded with V30s?

Edit: P.S. For anyone that is pretty invested in this thread (I'm looking at you Jinskee), I highly suggest you go on over and check out the Orangeamps.com forum - everyone there is incredibly knowledgable and a great diverse mix of Orange owners and fanatics from around the world. My knowledge of tube amps and how they work has increased dramatically simply by participating in that one forum.

I've checked it out and I'm too intimidated by them...

They have some crazy fullstack oranges that would run them near 3K USD. I'ts insane.

By the way, about the footswitch, I got mine for free...You should always complain to the store manager about the price being SOOO expensive, trust me, they'll do anything to make a sale.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Yeah will I have my eye on another one that is in the similar bracket, Im gonna get one as long as it's below RRP, I mean Ive even seen one that is buyout and with shippin equates to 280pounds saving me 20 so if none of the bidding ones work Ill just get that.

Can't wait! Although I have yet to build my 2x12...

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Oranges are actually a revolution though - they're the next step from Rectos IMO.
You'll love the tiny terror!

Looks about right, I say go for it!

W00t, more orange recruits...

*tries to figure out how to destroy the fender thread...*

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R