Page 1 of 2
Alrighty so... to make the story shot I've got lucky and got a REALLY easily treatable cancer, so I get a make-a-wish (I'm 17...) and I play guitar, I've been playing for two years mostly playing zepplin and some stuff from walsh.. but I'm heavily into emo music (yeah it's sad I know)

I've been playing on an Ibanez IC-400 (might be a 300 sorry I'm too lazy to check) Iceman.. and I am looking for a really great guitar. I play on a Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier full stack 150w (before that... a 30 watt fender) so any tips will be greatly appreciated.
Anything eh?

Get a custom built Carvin at www.carvin.com

And good luck with the cancer.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
sorry about the cancer

even if it is easily treatable it still sucks balls

pretty cool that u get free crap tho
dam you already have a good set up, i love the iceman series, if i was u id get another iceman, but thats just me, i love them, but back to you,

id say some good options would be:
dean razorback(any)
gibson voodoo explorer
gibson zakk wylde model (not just les paul model)
ibanez rg2228 (interesting model)
or the bc rich drako

and

GET WELL SOON!!
Thanks for the concern with the cancer..

How long would that take? To get one made, because I'd need it soon, my b-days coming up and once I'm 18 they are tossin me from the Make-a-wish system.. its ****ing stupid its not like my cancers going away by then
Quote by Arsenalc08
Thanks for the concern with the cancer..

How long would that take? To get one made, because I'd need it soon, my b-days coming up and once I'm 18 they are tossin me from the Make-a-wish system.. its ****ing stupid its not like my cancers going away by then

I think Carvin's website says 6-8 weeks somewhere.

Or you could get on of their "in stock" models which are the same as the customs but they're already all together and ready to get shipped out.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

Yeah I love my iceman, I originally just got it because I was extremly into SOAD and Daron Played one.. but I fell in love with this guitar once I got serious with playing
I will definitely check it out wingedgopher, thanks alot! I'm still up for suggestions
1962 Fender Stratocaster. If they said anything ;-) Take care.
Quote by Arsenalc08
I will definitely check it out wingedgopher, thanks alot! I'm still up for suggestions

If you do end up getting one be sure to PM me with a picture of it. I love Carvins, I just wish I could afford one myself.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar

Quote by Bubban

try some sort of LP, or yeah, a custom made
Quote by JoNnHannah
I'm homeschooled because I got tired of the corporate conformist administration.

So I have a pretty crime free school, unless i decide to kill someone.

The Search [GP5] C4C
Quote by Arsenalc08
How about effects? I have the line 6 constrictor and a line 6 Uber metal

You can't go wrong with a Vox Clyde McCoy Wah, Electro-Harmonix Small Clone, Electro-Harmonix Holy Grail, Marshall Vibratrem, DOD Envelope Filter, Digitech Whammy, Line 6 Echo Park Delay, Guyatone OD2...

There's a ton of great effects pedals out there.

And I'm drooling over the pics already.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar

Quote by Bubban

Quote by Arsenalc08
So far there is a good chance you'll see em =)

Sweet.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar

Quote by Bubban

Get a Belman DC archtop. If you seriously find one, tell me. I really want one too
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Quote by Arsenalc08
If I find one the_random_hero? How long have you been looking?

I was told that the guy making them has stopped production. But, checking out the site tonight, I'm not sure. I couldn't find the same one as in that picture though
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Just get a really nice car, lol.

VROOM VROOM...
Quote by Duff_McGee
Masturbate. A lot. Seriously.

<----This is a man
ESP custom shop all the way!... id kill for an ESP custom to my exact specs... seriously i would
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.
Quote by the_random_hero
Get a Belman DC archtop. If you seriously find one, tell me. I really want one too

get cancer.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

I used to hate chavs until my sister got a smack in the mouth from one. Now I love them.
Quote by Arsenalc08
Alrighty so... to make the story shot I've got lucky and got a REALLY easily treatable cancer, so I get a make-a-wish (I'm 17...) and I play guitar, I've been playing for two years mostly playing zepplin and some stuff from walsh.. but I'm heavily into emo music (yeah it's sad I know)

I've been playing on an Ibanez IC-400 (might be a 300 sorry I'm too lazy to check) Iceman.. and I am looking for a really great guitar. I play on a Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier full stack 150w (before that... a 30 watt fender) so any tips will be greatly appreciated.

DUDE! the same thing is happening with me lol...i haven't decided what to get yet, but i'm betw. a Ibanes JEM, Jackson soloist or EJ strat...i havent decided what amp yet
Isn't the make a wish foundation only for people that are going to die?
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Quote by hamish5178
Isn't the make a wish foundation only for people that are going to die?

no, for kids with life threatning diseases such as cancer
can someone help me too?? I'm going to get one guitar for blues, one for metal, one amp and pedals

Blues:i'm between eric clapton strat, EJ strat, Gibson Es 345 1957 reissue or a 1959 LP reissue

Meta: Ibanez JEM, Jackson soloist, ibanez JS, music man axis or peavey Hp special ct
I also need recomendations on amps, i'm looking for a marshall
i second the 1962 strat or 1957 strat or 1952 tele (broadcaster technically)... or at the very least a reissue
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
Quote by gsoldi123
can someone help me too?? I'm going to get one guitar for blues, one for metal, one amp and pedals

Blues:i'm between eric clapton strat, EJ strat, Gibson Es 345 1957 reissue or a 1959 LP reissue

Meta: Ibanez JEM, Jackson soloist, ibanez JS, music man axis or peavey Hp special ct
I also need recomendations on amps, i'm looking for a marshall

get a mesa triple rectifyer, and a jem.... and i would think the srv strat would be better for blues

edit: yes i realize i cant spell
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
Quote by latinosuperstud
get a mesa triple rectifyer, and a jem.... and i would think the srv strat would be better for blues

edit: yes i realize i cant spell

yea, i was thinking of the srv strat. too, but i don't have any place near to go and try it
Quote by gsoldi123
yea, i was thinking of the srv strat. too, but i don't have any place near to go and try it

'72 Tele with the two PAF's
you know if this post of yours is discovered you can get into huge trouble for defrauding a charitable organization
Guitar
Ernie Ball Music Man Silhouette Special
Washburn WI64
Martin D-15
Amps
1960s Harmony
Rocktron/Egnater TOL 50 2x12
Rivera Chubster 55
FX
Fulltone OCD v.1
Keeley TS808
Voodoo Labs Superfuzz
Wilson WH10
Boss DD-20
Quote by RHCPfan01
you know if this post of yours is discovered you can get into huge trouble for defrauding a charitable organization

Yes, but he actually has cancer and he was just asking about what guitar he should get. I see no reason that he should get charged for fruad
Gear:
1965 Fender Mustang not a RI
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

Peavey Classic 50

Quote by RHCPfan01

itd be defrauding if he had fake cancer.

he gets what he wants becasue hes horribly ill.

get well soon.

and

carvin +2
make a wish is for fatal only from what i understand
but as for guitars, comission paul reed smith himself to build you a custom
he lives only like 15 miles from me, so i can hook you two up
Guitar
Ernie Ball Music Man Silhouette Special
Washburn WI64
Martin D-15
Amps
1960s Harmony
Rocktron/Egnater TOL 50 2x12
Rivera Chubster 55
FX
Fulltone OCD v.1
Keeley TS808
Voodoo Labs Superfuzz
Wilson WH10
Boss DD-20
Fender American Deluxe Strat
Gibson Les Paul Supreme
Gibson Les Paul Standard
PRS 513 Rosewood
PRS Custom 24
*These are only if you don't go the custom route.

Sorry if these don't fit your preferences as I didn't get a chance to read the whole thread yet. Sorry about the cancer dude. Get well soon. Scratch that... Get well now! But seriously good luck man.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Member #2 of the Coheed and Cambria fanclub, PM dementedpuppy to join.
Last edited by OsirisProtocol at Feb 22, 2007,
First, we determine a child’s medical eligibility with the help of the treating physician. To receive a wish, the child must be diagnosed with a life-threatening medical condition – i.e., a progressive, degenerative or malignant condition that has placed the child’s life in jeopardy.
Once we know the child is medically eligible...

from the make a wish website.

Seems like a manipulation of a non-profit charity in this particular instance. Maybe you should refuse the wish and ask that the money go towards a child with a terminal condition, instead of freeloading with an "easily treatable" one.
get the most expensive guitar you can, i mean like really push it out.....like summit that costs a few grand, then sell it!

then buy what guitar you want with the funds and have to left over for effects n shit.

Sorry to hear about your situation mate, harsh times.
Gibson SG (Heavily modded)
Fender USA Strat
Hohner 12 String-uber rare

Fender Silverface Twin

EHX Big Muff
Digitech badmonkey overdrive
Boss DS-1
Blackstar Distortion X
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez Delay
Digitech Whammy
Page 1 of 2