I was bored. so i decided to show you guys the kinda food you should try when you come to singapore! yeah i know.. maybe there has been a thred like that too lazy to look it up well anyways! introduce some of the good food we all can find when we go flying across oceans on our next trip!
well first you've got to try Roti prata it's kinda like bread but much nicer.. it comes with a curry dip
This is it:

next up it's laksa which is sort of noodle dish that has a nice spicy coconut based gravy. ingredients in there are cockles, fishcakes, prawns and beansprouts and it looks like this:

lastly trip down here aint done without trying satay, which techinically mean meat on a bamboo skewer also with a nice spicy peanut sauce dip thingy and looks like this:
ah well haha enjoy the looks of it!!!!
Looks interesting. Commenting on the first one, I love curry which my Japanese aunt says is weird for a white person but whatever.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
Dammit. It's 2am where I am now, and thanks to you, I'm ****ing hungry.
Member #1,267,859 of the I'd die for Dethklok club. PM Vigilantius to join.

Infanterist of the First Reich of the Grammar Nazis.

Quote by MusicMan00
I noticed the avatar before I read what you said. Then I read it. Then I laughed.
Bet you can't beat M&S chicken satay over there Lovely stuff.

Shellfish is the nastiest thing ever (in my opinion). Give me beef any day.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Quote by andrewbiles
Bet you can't beat M&S chicken satay over there Lovely stuff.

Shellfish is the nastiest thing ever (in my opinion). Give me beef any day.

Marks And Spencer?

EW
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
when flying to england, it is vitally important you try the following things

fish and chips:

the staple british takeaway, avaliable with curry sauce, mushy peas, and even gravy if you're lucky

the next thing you should try, is a cornish pasty:

these things can rule your world. If its a freezing cold day, and you have the option of catching the bus for a mile ride, or buying a pasty, i would take the hot pasty anyday.

Also, you should definatley try a steak and kidney pie, for the exact same reason as above, its tasty, affortable, and it is very nutritious:

thats all i can think of for now, i shall let my felling britons take care of scotland, wales and ireland. I would post haggis, and i know that is rather tasty, but i dont want to take the pride away from a scottsman.

enjoy
zac89 are you from Singapore ?

That food looks delicious. Can I come to your place when I visit there ? Maybe you could give me some tips about restaurants and where to go what to do etc

: )
Fender Stratocaster x 2
Ibanez JS1000BTB
Zakk Wylde Les Paul
Epiphone Flying V
'Texas' Les Paul
Ibanez Artcore Jazz
Fender strat copies x 3
Aria Pro II
Classical guitars x 2
Aria steel string acoustic

Marshall, Crate, Fender amps
Im from India and I can say without fear of opposition that roti-paratha is an Indian dish and even though he thinks it is Singaporean it probably got there from the thousands of PIOs.Therefore "roti prata" (actually pronounced paratha) is not a traditional Singaporean dish
^He didn't say paratha, he said prata, and there IS a difference. Prata is more like a pancake than a bread, in that it contains eggs, whereas a paratha, as you will well know, is simply a chapati made with ghee. So ner. Although i will admit that it has paratha-based origins, wayway back.

EDIT: sorry, that sounded a bit confrontational didnt it? didnt mean to be rude, just showing my knowledge of teh breadzzz
Last edited by bluewilliams at Feb 22, 2007,
yup.. it aint' truly singaporean but! we enjoy it alot and thats all that matters isn't it? and the last i heard there ain't roti prata in india only thosai