I found this article in a magazine not too long ago, I though I'd share it with you all.

"You might think that the British Medical Journal isn't the first port of call for exciting news in the world of blues guitar, but you'd be dead wrong. In a recent issue, GP David Connell asserted that rather than poisoning, syphilis, or indeed a pact with the Devil, Robert Johnson's premature death at the age of 27 was likely to have been the result of aortic dissection brought on by Marfan's Syndrome.
Apart from heart problems, sufferers of Marfan's Syndrome - a connective tissue disorder - are often tall and thin with long slender fingers, long arms and legs, curvature of the spine and eye problems. Johnson was known to have "one bad eye" and this, along with his exceptionally long fingers, is apparent from the only two photographs of him. Also, one account of Johnson's death describes him "on his hands and knees howling and barking like a dog", which is consistent with a fatal aortic dissection, a condition that occurs when the inner layer of the aorta's artery wall splits open. Marfan's Syndrome affects 0.03% of the population.
Famous sufferers have included Abraham Lincoln, Rachmaninoff, Joey Ramone and reportedly, celebrity Val Halen fan Osama bin Laden"

So, what do you think? Was his death caused by a medical problem, or did he really sell his soul to the Devil?
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
It was a medical condition he died from because there are no such things as god or the devil.
Fender Stratocaster x 2
Ibanez JS1000BTB
Zakk Wylde Les Paul
Epiphone Flying V
'Texas' Les Paul
Ibanez Artcore Jazz
Fender strat copies x 3
Aria Pro II
Classical guitars x 2
Aria steel string acoustic

Marshall, Crate, Fender amps
he is the founder of rock (kind of..)

he sold his soul at a crossroads... i dont care if its true, its obviously far fetched, but i think he deserves something like that on his name, just something to say make people say "robert johnson... his soul for our life... hero"
Quote by Machanix
We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back!

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far
Than A Wise And Productive Old Age

Good Girls Go To Heaven, But The Bad Girls Go Everywhere!
Quote by instagata0
he is the founder of rock (kind of..)

he sold his soul at a crossroads... i dont care if its true, its obviously far fetched, but i think he deserves something like that on his name, just something to say make people say "robert johnson... his soul for our life... hero"

Exactly my opinion. Who cares about the facts, the story pwns.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
It's interesting to see behind the legend.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
Way to kill the dream........
PSN: Shibuib
Steam: Drag_on88rr@hotmail.com
add me

Elvis Presley aint got no soul, Chuck Berry is rock and roll.

日本語をシグに入れるのは馬鹿やキザ野郎のする事だぜ。
Well they say Robert Johnson dispeared for ages, and none of his friends could find him, then when he turned up again he was a much better guitar player. Common sense would tell you that he found somewhere with no one to distract him and he did a lot of practice.

My theory is that he went of and jammed with satan, that covers both angles.
Quote by The devil at the crossroads
E|-------------------------------------------1--
B|-----------------------------------1--4--
G|-------------------------1-3-4--
D|------------------1-3----
A|--------1-2-3----
E|-1-4-----

Just move it around the fretboard
Quote by Cosimo_Zaretti
Well they say Robert Johnson dispeared for ages, and none of his friends could find him, then when he turned up again he was a much better guitar player. Common sense would tell you that he found somewhere with no one to distract him and he did a lot of practice.

My theory is that he went of and jammed with satan, that covers both angles.

he sucked, then he went off for 6 months of intensive traning with another bluesman and came back awesome ..... a bit like Bill and Ted at the end of bogus journey ......
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
He sold his sold to the devil at the crossroads.

By the way, if you haven't seen the Crossroads movie, now's an excellent time to watch it, it is worth it.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
yes of course he died because he sold his soul.

to threadstarter: your parents don't love you do they?
Who says the Devil didn't give him Marfan's?
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
To all the people saying "well DUH he didn't sell his soul, you guys are all idiots, yadda yadda yadda..."

Well personally I don't believe in the devil or the ability to sell one's "soul", but the Robert Johnson legend is such a great story. Who the hell really cares whether he did or didn't sell his soul, it's a damn fine legend and it'd be nice if people could just leave it as that rather than going "zomG u r t3h n00bs!@!11 da7s n0t rael!!!1"
I didn't have a signature until now.
i have also heard that the bluesman Son House adapted the "selling of the soul" story from the story of a guy named Timothy Johnson who said he sold his soul. It is possible seeing as the whole story about it came up in the 60s blues revival. whatever it may be, its an amazing story.

maybe hes ghost rider.....
Quote by happytimeharry
ig·no·rant

1. Lacking education or knowledge.
2. Showing or arising from a lack of education or knowledge: an ignorant mistake.
3. Unaware or uninformed.

also see: elitist asshat
I though Robert Johnson was shot? Anyway, it's all Rock legend, but personally I don't think selling your soul means you die. Your going to die anyway. It means the devil owns your soul when you die (aka you go to hell).
"If my baby don't love me no more,
well I'm sure her sister will." -Jimi "Red House"

Gear
1983 Strat '57 Reissue
1964 Gibson ES-330
Dr Z Maz 38
Fender Pro-Junior

myspace.com/marcrobertwork
He wasn't shot either; the general theory (other than this one and the slightly less exciting possiblity of Syphilis) is that he was poisoned by a jealous husband.
Quote by future rock god
to threadstarter: your parents don't love you do they?

NOBODY has Crossroads (the non-Britney version) in Australia. It's not fair
Quote by the_random_hero

Famous sufferers have included Abraham Lincoln, Rachmaninoff, Joey Ramone and reportedly, celebrity Val Halen fan Osama bin Laden"

am i the only person that noticed this as being slightly odd or what??
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
My theory is that he did sell his soul to the devil. But in that, he became exposed to radiation therefore causing him to get this disease.

Thats just me.
Kerry
Quote by skater dan0
am i the only person that noticed this as being slightly odd or what??

Nah, I'm tryin to figure out how they know Osama is a Van Halen fan... let alone why it's relevant...
from.lashes.to.ashes || from.lust.to.dust
Quote by garden of grey
You can't sell something if it's existence can't be proven.

umm have you heard of ebay?
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by the_random_hero
I found this article in a magazine not too long ago, I though I'd share it with you all.

"You might think that the British Medical Journal isn't the first port of call for exciting news in the world of blues guitar, but you'd be dead wrong. In a recent issue, GP David Connell asserted that rather than poisoning, syphilis, or indeed a pact with the Devil, Robert Johnson's premature death at the age of 27 was likely to have been the result of aortic dissection brought on by Marfan's Syndrome.
Apart from heart problems, sufferers of Marfan's Syndrome - a connective tissue disorder - are often tall and thin with long slender fingers, long arms and legs, curvature of the spine and eye problems. Johnson was known to have "one bad eye" and this, along with his exceptionally long fingers, is apparent from the only two photographs of him. Also, one account of Johnson's death describes him "on his hands and knees howling and barking like a dog", which is consistent with a fatal aortic dissection, a condition that occurs when the inner layer of the aorta's artery wall splits open. Marfan's Syndrome affects 0.03% of the population.

So, what do you think? Was his death caused by a medical problem, or did he really sell his soul to the Devil?

no shit sherlock
I HATE YOU
Quote by _zac_
ill flame as much as i damn well please

suck my balls
well goin home and practicing for six months would explain how he got good, however it would not expalin how he invented lead guitar there was not lead guitar before him then all the sudden he goes POOOP OUT MY ASS A GUITAR SOLO!! and people went ..WTF????!?!! which is why he was important not because he was good but because he was an inovator, THERE FOR yes he sold his soul, are you ****ing kidding me?? dude hes Robert ****ing Johnson of course he did the devil gave him that gay medical condition he was all "Dude, you want it you gotta grow your fingers out so you can reach the fret board better, and we gotta mess up your sight, it will increase your ability to hear," PWNED
Quote by Izdigger
Arrrgh! The agony! Bring me a virgin and a cup of Devil's brew!

Quote by mr kipling
I can sweep with my boner.I have to use light strings, otherwise My penis will look like an emo wrist.
Quote by The Bad Larry
well goin home and practicing for six months would explain how he got good, however it would not expalin how he invented lead guitar there was not lead guitar before him then all the sudden he goes POOOP OUT MY ASS A GUITAR SOLO!! and people went ..WTF????!?!! which is why he was important not because he was good but because he was an inovator, THERE FOR yes he sold his soul, are you ****ing kidding me?? dude hes Robert ****ing Johnson of course he did the devil gave him that gay medical condition he was all "Dude, you want it you gotta grow your fingers out so you can reach the fret board better, and we gotta mess up your sight, it will increase your ability to hear," PWNED

Umm...caffeine much?
Quote by Little Savage
It was a medical condition he died from because there are no such things as god or the devil.

Well, aren't you smart.
interestingly enough, I've been to the crossroads that he sold his soul at. Unfortunately I was there at like 2 in the afternoon, so Satan didn't show up.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
did anything show up?
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle