Wat is the difference between a indie label and a major label. its just something that i have been wondering for a while so can someone enlighten me.
Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
I vote you for Australian of the Year.

Quote by Dunjma
lol yea chuck the sicky! what an aussie tradition angels fighter i too vote u for aussie of the year

Quote by Deliriumbassist
I call bullsh*t. White people don't get sacked.

Visit my friends Site
Indie is independant. It used to mean a band on an independant label that play mostly for fun with a unique sound. Not like all these modern "Indie" bands.
Quote by DeSean
Indie is independant. It used to mean a band on an independant label that play mostly for fun with a unique sound. Not like all these modern "Indie" bands.

I understand it means independant but what the difference between beeing on an indie label or a major label.
Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
I vote you for Australian of the Year.

Quote by Dunjma
lol yea chuck the sicky! what an aussie tradition angels fighter i too vote u for aussie of the year

Quote by Deliriumbassist
I call bullsh*t. White people don't get sacked.

Visit my friends Site
i was reading on wikipedia and it said one of the differences is indie bands pay for the shows. like, they have to book the place, provide beer and snacks, and their way of transportation. thats why if youve ever been to an indie show it sucked, cause theyre all poor and emo. atleast oasis who is indie is stinkin rich so it wouldnt matter, major label or not. with major labels, theyll bite you on the ass later, because they may pay for the whole tour, but your in debt to them, so if they spent 5 mill, and you got 7 mill from record sales then youd be down to 2 mill
An indie label has far less money to spend on promoting a band, whereas a major label has huge resources so is able to spend loads on advertising and so on.

For a band, an indie label will generally give more freedom to experiment, and a major is looking for something to appeal to a large audience to sell more records so will want something more mainstream.
All of this may be true but the REAL difference is that indie labels are privately owned whereas major labels are run by corporations.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.