This pie-in-the-sky idea of mine is inspired by pacman-man's pink floyd les paul, so credit where credit's due. I want to wire up my guitar (two humbuckers, 4 pots and a switch) with a usual 3 way pick-up switch, a master volume, a master tone, and the other two pots (presumably push-pull pots) so when the switch is in one position, the pot is bypassed completely, and when it's in the other it acts as a volume pot for only one coil of the humbucker and leave the other coil at full volume. It's probably best just to see here for a better description of what I'm after.
Given that I have almost no knowledge of circuity, could someone please be kind enough to show how I would do this, if I can?
Thanks - Natty D.
How may The National D help you waste your time?
i think that yoiu would wire this before the normal volume pot, so that you have the 4 wires, and you take the live and ground of one coil and wire a volume control for it. to wire the push-pull, send the input to the middle, the volume on one, and when you pull it make sure it selects the ground. Don't even bother asking me how this would look.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Yeah, I figured that I'd have to wire each pickup to it's push-pull first, then through the switch, and then the volume and tone. Could anyone show me how to wire the push-pulls, please?
Though it might just be easier to use each pot as a mixer without the switch, I dunno.
How may The National D help you waste your time?