Page 1 of 2
OMG he looks to werid without a beard... and hes.... clean... lol
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.
Yeah I saw that a long time ago (duh, it's me), it's amazing how good he was at such a young age.
You have to remember that he started playing guitar at the age of 15, which means that when this was recorded he had been playing for about 2-3 years. I really think he sold his soul.
Gibson Les Paul Studio w/ EMG 81/85
Fender American Vintage Series '52 Telecaster
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland MicroCube
Dunlop ZW-45 Wah
Dunlop Rotovibe
Dunlop MXR EVH Phase 90
Dunlop MXR Zakk Wylde Overdrive
Boss CE-5
iSP Decimator
Last edited by Pleiadian at Feb 22, 2007,
I read that he began guitar at 15, but practiced for something like 10-12 hours a day, and slept at school!!!!! haha reminds me of someone..... check out 3:45!!!
Quote by bodomfan666
OMG he looks to werid without a beard... and hes.... clean... lol

Most of his career he was beardless, look up anything before 2002!

And I noticed that his live and loud solo sounded just like this, anyone else think he just gave up learning after the 2nd year or something?
Dickless.
wow thats amazing. i can understand how someone would play behing their back but with their teeth is effing amazing.
Zakk was beardless and pretty clean cut until he adopted the fake biker image.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Actually, when Ozzy first picked him up, he was the average, skinny, fruity-looking dude with the huge 80s hairspray do that rivalled any hair band out there. He looked better suited to having a large dick in his hands (someone else's) than a guitar. I guess he had to overcompensate once he got 'big'. IMO, his gutiar skills aside, the guy is as much of a poseur as he ever was. The whole BLS mantra, biker image, etc is just a big act.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Quote by Crunchmeister
Actually, when Ozzy first picked him up, he was the average, skinny, fruity-looking dude with the huge 80s hairspray do that rivalled any hair band out there. He looked better suited to having a large dick in his hands (someone else's) than a guitar. I guess he had to overcompensate once he got 'big'. IMO, his gutiar skills aside, the guy is as much of a poseur as he ever was. The whole BLS mantra, biker image, etc is just a big act.

First of all, Zakk was never a skinny dude. He was always muscular. You're right that now he's a total poseur, but he used to be awesome and very stylish in the early 90's when he was in his "southern rock" phase. Even though I consider myself a hardcore Zakk fan, his current image pisses the hell out of me (Not to mention some of his music). When I compare his work now to his earlier work, I just don't see where things went wrong.
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland MicroCube
Dunlop ZW-45 Wah
Dunlop Rotovibe
Dunlop MXR EVH Phase 90
Boss CE-5
iSP Decimator
Well, skinny is relative to his beer-gut biker look of today. He was slim and fit back in the day. As for the look, he was adopting that whole hair metal look in the late 80s as it was going out of style... At least he looked 'normal' in the early 90s.

But I stand by my poseur thing. You either live the lifestyle, or you don't. And he doesn't. The fake biker thing may make him look badass on stage and so many fans think it's all geniune (man, the fights that went down on the BLS boards about that lol). But it's fake. He doesn't ride, and doesn't live the biker lifestyle. Shit, even in his video (damn, the song name eludes me now), he didn't even ride the bike. That was the dude who owned 357 Customs that got made up to lok like Zakk....

And I too am a big fan of his playing, but it ends there. I don't care much for BLS, and don't care for anything Ozzy did since the early 90s.

Let's put it this way: No More Tears, Book Of Shadows and Pride & Glory are the only albums that I can say I love from beginning to end.
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland MicroCube
Dunlop ZW-45 Wah
Dunlop Rotovibe
Dunlop MXR EVH Phase 90
Boss CE-5
iSP Decimator
Quote by Pleiadian
Let's put it this way: No More Tears, Book Of Shadows and Pride & Glory are the only albums that I can say I love from beginning to end.

Word!

I can't wait for Ozzy's new album to come out, it's supposed to be "of No More Tears quality..."
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland MicroCube
Dunlop ZW-45 Wah
Dunlop Rotovibe
Dunlop MXR EVH Phase 90
Boss CE-5
iSP Decimator
Quote by smb
I thought that was pretty boring.

Thanks for your oh-so-important opinion.
How will we be able to go on with our day now?!
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland MicroCube
Dunlop ZW-45 Wah
Dunlop Rotovibe
Dunlop MXR EVH Phase 90
Boss CE-5
iSP Decimator
Quote by Pleiadian

Well from your gear I can see your a fanboy so just ignore any opinions you don't like. If dull extended wankery with no purpose or actual song to link it together is your thing, then good for you.
First of all, I'm not a fanboy, just a regular fan.
Second of all, I just find it pointless to enter threads, leave some small opinion that nobody really asked for and leave. If you've got nothing constructive to say, keep it to yourself.
Now, please, stop talking about this cause it's not going to lead anywhere.
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland MicroCube
Dunlop ZW-45 Wah
Dunlop Rotovibe
Dunlop MXR EVH Phase 90
Boss CE-5
iSP Decimator
Quote by smb
Well from your gear I can see your a fanboy so just ignore any opinions you don't like. If dull extended wankery with no purpose or actual song to link it together is your thing, then good for you.

Well, I'd hardly consider Pleiadian a 'fan-boy' just by what he's written in this thread so far. I mean, what fan boy do you know rags on his "god's" appearance, fake image, his main band, and anything he's done with Ozzy in the last decade? That would be enough to get him disowned and labelled 'unworthy' over on the BLS boards.

There's nothing wrong with getting particular gear if you like someone's sound. It doesn't make one a fan boy. Now, if Pleiadian were to come out on stage with all Zakk's signature gear (including one of those "Slammin'" Marshall MGs), and all dressed up in BLS colors, then I could probably agree....

Quote by Pleiadian

Why the hell did you start the thread if you didn't want people to post their opinion?
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
Am i the only one who isn't really fond about ...Zakk's playing? Sure it's fast and nice technique ... but it's not guitar work i really enjoy listening... also alot of dime's shredding isn't exactly always music to my ears ( though i like quite a number of Pantera/Damage plan songs) but just ....when i see videos of him shred , i don't know ... it doesn't really sound very neatto me ...bit boring after some videos. (man this is gonna get me flamed hard....)

But anyways back on topic , ghehe , the dude does look totally different. btw... (zakk still hasn't purchased a motorbike with the money he's earned by now? :P) Good playing though..... I can't do that , neither can I shred like dime :p
I can appreciate someone's skill on guitar without necessarily liking the music they write. And that's how I feel about pretty much everything Zakk Wylde has done in the past 13 years or so. I can't stand listening to 98% of BLS songs, and can't stomach the dog puke excuse for music that Ozzy's been flogging for about that long too...

Last edited by Crunchmeister at Feb 22, 2007,
Nice, I haven't listened to him before. This sounds a lot like Hendrix at parts.
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
Why the hell did you start the thread if you didn't want people to post their opinion?

I didn't start the thread.

Am i the only one who isn't really fond about ...Zakk's playing? Sure it's fast and nice technique ... but it's not guitar work i really enjoy listening

I don't think many people honestly enjoy a solo like that all the time, I mean to see it is cool but you can't just hear it on MP3 and really enjoy it. Like I've said several times in this forum, if you want to judge Zakk's playing and musical abilities listen to some of his older stuff, some of the real songs that he's written (Book Of Shadows & Pride & Glory albums), not the crap that he puts out with BLS today.
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland MicroCube
Dunlop ZW-45 Wah
Dunlop Rotovibe
Dunlop MXR EVH Phase 90
Boss CE-5
iSP Decimator
Quote by Pleiadian
I didn't start the thread.

Then why did you start throwing up your breakfast because someone posted a relatively harmless comment?
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
Quote by Pleiadian
I can't wait for Ozzy's new album to come out, it's supposed to be "of No More Tears quality..."

I read in an article jsut this morning that Ozzy's putting it up there with Diary. It's probably just hot air, but we can hope.
Dickless.
Quote by sunnysayshi
I read that he began guitar at 15, but practiced for something like 10-12 hours a day, and slept at school!!!!! haha reminds me of someone..... check out 3:45!!!

It was actually closer to 16 hours. Amazing stuff, to be playing guitar for 3-4 years and get picked up by one of the biggest metal people. Lucky bastard.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!
Quote by SGStrummer61
It was actually closer to 16 hours. Amazing stuff, to be playing guitar for 3-4 years and get picked up by one of the biggest metal people. Lucky bastard.

so ozzy picked him up at about 18-19? i didnt know that before
Quote by Crunchmeister
Well, I'd hardly consider Pleiadian a 'fan-boy'

Doesn't he have a Zakk avatar? Does he have virtually the same gear as Zakk? He's a fanboy for sure.
zakk wylde looks better with a beard... he looked g@y without one (yes, i know thats while he was in high school, im also talking about up until he grew a beard).
while watching the video, youll also notice to the right of the page, there are other videos of zakk wylde. theres a 9 minute instructional video on "pentatonic speedballer". i think its funny how after every cut away during the video, u then see zakk wylde grabbing his beer. it cuts away id say maybe 15-20 times and he is grabbing for his beer each time. thats pretty sad, ha.
Quote by Ryank285
while watching the video, youll also notice to the right of the page, there are other videos of zakk wylde. theres a 9 minute instructional video on "pentatonic speedballer". i think its funny how after every cut away during the video, u then see zakk wylde grabbing his beer. it cuts away id say maybe 15-20 times and he is grabbing for his beer each time. thats pretty sad, ha.

Well he ain't dutch so , probably he's a slow drinker
He plays pentatonics fast, great? Check out the early Shawn Lane vids when he was playing with Black Oak Arkansas from the age of 15. Now that's pure talent.
Quest for "the tone": pending.
Quote by Daggorath
He plays pentatonics fast, great? Check out the early Shawn Lane vids when he was playing with Black Oak Arkansas from the age of 15. Now that's pure talent.

come on now, u cant discount zakk wylde's playing abilities. hes a bada$$. i dont like his music at all, but i respect his talent. also, u should watch the whole video, he starts playing with his teeth. thats insane for a high school kid thats only been playing for 2-3 years.
Um, I'm pretty sure Zakk is just about as much of a biker as a biker can get, and doesn't everyone at some point decide that they're going to be a biker, you arent born riding a damn motorcycle. Zakk has a bike, rides it, and drinks lots of booze. Thats what bikers do, ride and drink. Hes also big about his family, and is generally kind hearted, all the bikers ive ever met(and played lots of shows for) are the exact same way. Tough appearance, kind hearted, nice, caring individuals backed by great family and friends. Bikers arent just tough, mean dudes, theyre exactly the opposite of that. But dont get me wrong, these people kick ass when its nessesary. And drink booze. Lots of booze. Fun people.

As for his playing, I'm personally a big fan. Hes got one of the most distinctive vibratos in music, he's got his own thing going with the pinch harmonics, he's fast as hell, his tone's raunchy but great at the same time. He writes some seriously thunderous catchy riffs, I'm telling you people, before you make any opinions of Zakk, watch the dvds that he's in. Amazing playing. And he wrote No More Tears, honestly that may be the single best guitar solo I've ever hear.

Playing more paintball and reading more books than playing guitar lately.
Page 1 of 2