I've heard alot of people say that Squiers just suck. I was wondering if they would be a whole lot worse than a MIM strat or tele?
id say an MIM is well worth the extra money if you wanted that instead of squier. my squier's served me for a while and is alright, but if i had to choose, i would definately take an MIM.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
the affinity strats are ok. they are alder bodied. but the pickups and maybe tuners would eventually need to be changed.
for the extra hundred. that's almost the same cost as a MIM.

if u only have a couple hundred. check out a yamaha pacifica 112-J. NOT the 012.

anyway, it's a pretty good alder bodied, humbucker bridge, starter.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Yup. Although you could find a Squier with good wood and mod the hell out of it.
But there's also Japanese Squiers, which are good.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
It depends. There are good Squiers out there. It'll just take a lot more time/experimenting to find one (and some luck, because God only knows how a cheap guitar will withstand the test of time) to find a good Squier than a good MIM, although the Fender MIMs are also inconsistent when it comes to QC, just less so. It should be easier finding a quality MIM Fender than a quality Squier.

^ Everyone who posted before me sucks.
Hi, I'm Peter
Japanese Squires? Squires are never produced in japan.

Fender Japan is a different story, It can cost as little as a MIM Fender and have the sound and craftsmanship of that of a MIA.

Fender Japan for the world
if you got nothing good to say say nothing at all.
^They used to be produced in Japan in the 80's.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
^^ Older Squiers were. Actually, before the "Squier" company started, Squiers would be sold with the Fender logo on them and say "Squier Series" at the round part of the headstock. When I got my first electric in 1996, that's how it was.

^ And the guy who posted above me sucks.
Hi, I'm Peter
My bad :b

They are not produced there anymore =D
if you got nothing good to say say nothing at all.
Quote by Dirk Gently
^ Everyone who posted before me sucks.

dad is that u?

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by halopwnr
I've heard alot of people say that Squiers just suck. I was wondering if they would be a whole lot worse than a MIM strat or tele?

No squiers don't all just suck, that's just the retard point of view. While some squiers are great for their price, it's definitely worth it to get a MIM Fender instead. I own a MIM Fender strat and an Affinity squier strat, the fender is definitely a better guitar overall.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
I utterly hate affinity teles.
The standards are okay, sure they're made from agathis but the necks are actually playable.
The strats could be a different story.
But yeah, Jap Squiers and the newer ones aer pretty good. Like the 51, Jagmaster etc.
MIM Fender's are great guitars, they are much better quality and they are a good base to add mods and stuff.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!