My rig now. . . is not bad aside fomr my amp.

Anyway My rig as i've sold this amp will be a Epiphone Valve junior head with a Laney cab.

My amp's funds should cover/nearly cover this.

And then I'm planning on buying pedals and stuff for the rest of my sound, I have a DS-1 and a BB-II also an under used Behringer fuzz.

these can get me some good sounds (the DS-1 more than anything else) but I want better sound! I'm planning on along eith the new head and cab I'm going to get either a Boss Fender Bassman pedal or a Boss Fender Deluxe reverb pedal, I can get these partially funded as my dad will be pleased to hear aboutt these as he's a rory gallagehr fan and rory gallagher used a bassman and a deluxe reverb. These and the BB-II will get my blues covered easily.

I have my DS-1 to get me some metal but it does more towards Vai style shred than metal, so what do people suggest I do for metal tones?

I also play prog rock but i guess my metal and blues are my main tones i'm looking for.
Also is there any other things that'll get a shred sound i should look into?
EH metal muff

avoid the boss metal zone. WAY too saturated, and in my experiance totaly shrinks your tone. Great practice pedal tho x
I want you vincent745!

member #5 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join
Dime the amp and hit it with an overdrive. You probably won't want EXTREME gain since you'll want to hear every note of those fast runs.
good choice on the epi head and laney cab! *points to sig*. +1 on the metal muff, i dont play metal but thats supposed to be awesome. Boss are bringing out a new pedal aswell, the metalcore. It expensive but should be a hundred times better than the metal zone.
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

I know to stay away form the Metalzone and i'll look into the Metal Muff, and to TehJermie, what overdrive do you suggest?

EDIT:to guy above, I don't want to touch the metalcore, it looks dodgy, and the videos I've seen of it sounded way too. . . .metalcore. . .which is were it must get its name from Anyway I want more of a Black Sabbath, Megadeth sound.
Also its already out over here in GAK
ye im from england too mate lol, i dont go on GAK that often but thanx for the input. If your after a more vintage sounding metal tone, the metal muff is deffo for you!
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

Quote by Punk_Ninja
I know to stay away form the Metalzone and i'll look into the Metal Muff, and to TehJermie, what overdrive do you suggest?

EDIT:to guy above, I don't want to touch the metalcore, it looks dodgy, and the videos I've seen of it sounded way too. . . .metalcore. . .which is were it must get its name from Anyway I want more of a Black Sabbath, Megadeth sound.
Also its already out over here in GAK

Tubescreamer or a Boss Sd-1. Maybe the Zakk Wylde overdrive or a Bad Monkey too. They are all readily available at most guitar shops so you can give them a test drive. Good luck.
I'm not a huge fan of the DS-1, but the Metal Muff would probably be great. I don't think you need an EQ with the VJ as it doesn't have an FX loop and would just EQ whatever you're sending into the amp. Good for tailoring the sound, but wouldn't change it too dramatically.
Ah, i posted at the same time as you!
Ooh a tubescreamer that'd be really good for me, only just remembered them!
Thanks! And ok, I won't bother with an EQ.

Anything else i shoudl look into?
^Eh, I'd get a dedicated unit. But if you really want that pedal, go ahead. It's your cash after all .
Well my plan is to get the amp and cab, then th ebassman pedal, then the muff and tubescreamer (this'll take a long time ) and THEN after everything get a deluxe reverb amp pedal but if i should get a standalone unit for reverb then i'll get that before the amp pedal.

Any you can suggest?
Holy Grail. If it's too much for right now, you can get by without it for a long while. It's just to add some dimension and space to your sound.
A good analogue reverb can cost a lot, but they sound great. I'd stay away from amp modeling pedals... until mesa come out with their Triple recto pedal, that is.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Well these pedals seem good, i've heard clips of them (even compared against a real deluxe reverb) and they sound good.
And I'll look into reverb when i can afford it