ok, i recently posted a thread and got a lot of great help from it, thanks guys!
I originally thought of getting a tiny terror but people say not that good for metal. I started to think about getting a 30 watt orange rockerverb and am 90% decided on it.
I play a lot of different styles so i wanted versitility and i thought that the rockerverb could do it, what do you guys think?
would it still sound good like the tiny terror would at low volumes like when using in my bedrrom and would it be good for gigging in your opinion
im guessing it can handle all music but can it handle metal well, not been able to try one yet in store but it sounds good
thanks for your time and help
Last edited by ibnzchris at Feb 22, 2007,
Its perfect for gigging small venues if you've got the right speaker size. Some might say that 30 watt valve amps are too loud for bedroom practice, but they obviously havent noticed this wacky feature on most amps, the volume nob . It will sound fine in your bedroom, and congrats on your purchase!
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

thanks man i was thinking of combining it with a ppc112 1x12 cab for the moment, do you think that i could keep the nice tone while palying quietly or would the good tone be lost at low volume
its not as nice tone, but its certainly not lost. It sounds much better louder but will still sound amazin at low volumes, i mean, its an orange valve amp! The 1x12 is fine, but look into 2x12's for bigger gigs, i doubt you'll need a 4x12.
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

well they sound better at full volume, but an attenuator would help.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Good man threadstarter!

It sounds pretty dang good for low volumes, better than any other amp I've played with. But remember...the 30 ain't a rockerverb, it's just a rocker. It doesn't have spring reverb (which is why I'm going to buy a reverb pedal soon) But all in all, it's so pure and so awesome! I don't think you'll be disappointed!
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
well i currently use a peavey bandit 112 and wanted something nicer sounding when using in my bedroom so dont wanna waste money on something that will not make much difference
yeh may get the 2x12 if have enough money
May i comment and say that PEAVEY AMPS RULEZOERS !!1 :exclamation point:

I also hear that Orange Amps are awesome, but my local GC's vintage room won't hook it up to a nice cab
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
no the rocker won't do metal. It's got pretty high gain and i imagine if it was flat out full gain it would be pretty heavy but you will need an e.q pedal or a boost to get metal. Other than that, i'd say the amp is pretty ideal.
UG Profile

- Ibanez S470DX
- Orange Rockerverb 50 head
- Orange PPC212
- MXR Micro Amp
- CryBaby Wah

Member of the Matt Bellamy > Shred Club! PM Aidy Damage or Metallica708 to join!
Member Of The Orange Revolution Club
hmmm well i got one a few weeks ago and its rocks .. hard fortunatly for me i have a gain boost on my jackson (before they updated them) which means i can stick that little bit more gain needed for metal tones as i play alot but im soon gonna get a EH Metal Muff but yeah its a killer amp sounds better the more you turn it up the cleans and the versitility are second to non in my opinion
the rocker 30 and the 1x12 will be fine for big gigs just get it miced, if you play unmiced anyways youd blow out pples ears in the front while it will be comfortable for the pple in the back
Quote by Next Hendrix
You know you're a guitar player when your girlfriend says she got a new g-string and you ask " Is it nickel-wound or bronze phosphorous?"