So, my new band have decided on the next song we should do is Entrance of the conflagration by Trivium. As much as i wanted to do an Opeth song, i was overuled. Anyway, I've learned all of the song, including solo, but theres one bit which I'm not sure how to pick. It goes like this:

--------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------
---------10------------------13--------------
-0-8-11---11-8--0-11-14---14-11-------

and then repeats the pattern a couple of strings up or a position or two down. Now as easy as this looks, it's done at quite a fast tempo, and when i try to alternate pick it, it sounds all scratchy. This is probably due to my ineptness at alternate picking the low strings, but it could just be wrong. I've also tried sweeping, legato and even tapping. I'm gonna sound like a noob, but does anyone have any suggestions as to what to do?

Also, as stupid as this thread sounds, please no flaming or "Trivum is da suxxors" or stuff like that, I'm asking for help here.

Cheers in advance Metal up your ass!
Quote by deanodon
you know your a man when youve asked your gran for nude pics

Quote by .smudged.
Sex is overrated, try World of Warcraft.

"One does not simply sweep A major 7!"
hold down the 10 with ur middle finger while picking the 0 8 11 10 and then just extend ur fingers as the notes move up.

and trivium is pretty good idk ppl give them so much shit.
I no, i'm quite a big fan but people just flame them so much. And cheers for the advice
Quote by deanodon
you know your a man when youve asked your gran for nude pics

Quote by .smudged.
Sex is overrated, try World of Warcraft.

"One does not simply sweep A major 7!"