Basically I have a low end yamaha guitar at the moment and no amp (I'm using a bass amp). I would like to spend up to about £80 maximum on a amp, and im looking at any kind of amp which will give me a nice country sound, so what would you guys suggest?
or would I be better off getting some kind of pedal and sticking with a bass amp?

Thanks

Also What pickups are good for country?
Warwick Jazzman
Hartke 1415 140Watt
Boss Overdrive
Might be worth looking at the Epi Valve Junior, you won't want a lot of distortion and your overdrive pedal should be enough to give you the extra push you might need at low volumes. It's a fiver more than £80, but to be honest there's not really anything else worth getting for that budget.

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/epiphone-valve-5w/68250
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
There's nothing like a Fender amp for country. Even though I'm not crazy about that company, they're the best in supplying that country 'twang', be it amps or guitars (Telecaster ftw).
Check out some of the cheaper Fender tube amps, like the Blues Junior.
Gibson Les Paul Studio w/ EMG 81/85
Fender American Vintage Series '52 Telecaster
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland MicroCube
Dunlop ZW-45 Wah
Dunlop Rotovibe
Dunlop MXR EVH Phase 90
Dunlop MXR Zakk Wylde Overdrive
Boss CE-5
iSP Decimator
That was my first thought, unfortunately there's nothing worth buying from Fender until you get to around the £300 mark.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Sadely I don't have that amount, but should I definatly go for a tube amp? Ive only ever used normal bass amps before so I don't really know what im doing
Warwick Jazzman
Hartke 1415 140Watt
Boss Overdrive
If you dont need anything particularly loud, you could try one of the lower-end Vox Valvetronix amps, they have great models of fender amps.
well ANY guitar amp is gonna give you a sound closer to country than a bass amp!
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

Quote by buzz
well ANY guitar amp is gonna give you a sound closer to country than a bass amp!

probably not true at all. I wouldn't go for the valve junior it'll distort at too lower volume.
The Stuff!
Well, look. It may sound a bit arrogant but I really don't see the point of spending 80 Pounds on an amp. You might as well save up a bit more and get something that will really give you what you've been looking for, don't just "settle" for something cause you only want to invest 80 Pounds.
Bottom line, save up a little more, get yourself a nice little Fender tube amp that will serve your needs perfectly.
Gibson Les Paul Studio w/ EMG 81/85
Fender American Vintage Series '52 Telecaster
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland MicroCube
Dunlop ZW-45 Wah
Dunlop Rotovibe
Dunlop MXR EVH Phase 90
Dunlop MXR Zakk Wylde Overdrive
Boss CE-5
iSP Decimator
for 80 quid you're not gonna get an amp that is great for any specific genre. If you're looking for a "country" amp, get something that has good bright cleans. As far as pick ups, a single coil in the bridge does the job.
Member #1 of the Ibanez RG5xx & up club
PM tombo32 to join < 110% credit to t2russo

Ibanez RG1570
Tone Zone
Paf Pro
Aria STG-003DX
Traynor YCV50 Blue
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Boss DD-20
MXR ZW-44
Boss TU-2
I agree, save your money and get something decent.

-Fender Pro Jr
-Fender Blues Jr (Ignore the word "blues", it will cover country just fine)

And if you want to save even more, the new Mesa Express amps should suit your needs. If you want to go SS, the Roland JC-120 is great.

What kind of country are you looking for? I've seen several country guitarists using amps like the Mesa Roadking and the like...the guitarist for Rascal Flatts uses Bogner Ecstasy Heads for everything. If you're looking for something like Brad Paisley twang, then go save your money and invest in a Dr. Z Stang Ray...they're worth it.

Pickups will vary, but it all depends on the sound you're looking for...which if you provide some examples, I might be able to help you.
Well my problem is money doesn't come in quickly, about £5 a month (My parents ut my allowence to that so I could play for my bass) and I don't have the time for a job at the moment. So what amps would give bright cleans? The Vox Pathfinder?

Sounds : Brooks and Dunn (Play Something Country), and maybe Brad Paisley if they can be versitile enough
Warwick Jazzman
Hartke 1415 140Watt
Boss Overdrive