Poll: Are the graphics on my guitar tacky or cool?
Poll Options
View poll results: Are the graphics on my guitar tacky or cool?
Tacky
17 61%
Cool
7 25%
Dunno
4 14%
Voters: 28.
Hey!

I've got myself an Ibby Iceman IC200 {with my own graphics }

The standard pickups that came with the guitar are really nice and metally which suits what I like playing [Metallica/System of a down etc..] but I really want to invest in some pickups that are really going to rip my amp to shreds

I'm a huge noob when it comes to pickups, I've heard about the Seymour Duncan Distortion ones and the Gibson Burstbuckers but I'm really not sure!

Can anyone give me any advice on some ace mettaly pickups?

Thanks!
Gear: Ibanez IC Iceman with unique custom graphics.
60W Fender Amp
Digitech RP100
Clyde Fulltone Wah
Digitech Death Metal
Tokai SG
Fender Strat
Tone Zone!
CLICK ME!

Gibson Les Paul Classic '05
JEH Custom Superstrat '07
Rickenbacker 480 '73
Marshall 6100LM head '95
Engl E412SS 4*12" cab '02
Line6 DL-4 '07
Ibanez TS9 '08
Dunlop Crybaby from hell '07
Boss CE-2 '79
Quote by lil-matee
what is a solo?
Your guitar looks kinda.... queer.

And you play Metal...? What?
My Band

Equipment:
ESP EC-500 EMG 81/85
Mesa Boogie MK III
Marshall 1960B cab
Tone Zone would be ick in an Iceman.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
i hate it when peoeple mess with the stock guitar, not the pups or anything, just the body appearance. stickers, graphics, and the BC rich paintjobs that are so "metal" look so lame to me. like lame as in i can see how a 12 year old thinks its cool, but nobody older.... then again i hate odd shaped guitar bodies too, especially the iceman. other than the rhoads v, which i wouldnt buy anyways. I like your standard LP, strat, etc. shapes.... you know, ones that are like normal. then again, i can clearly tell youve never lifted a weight in your life, and youve got a hot pink strap.. so...

but hey, whatever floats your boat dude.
Last edited by toddpens8771 at Feb 22, 2007,
If you want really rocking pups go for Bareknuckle Warpig humbuckers. They're expensive but well worth it. A cheaper alternative is Swineshead Venoms. I've got these and prefer them to any Seymour Duncan, Dimarzio or other mass produced pickup. Don't get EMG's just coz everyone else has them. They are over priced and only sound good if you've got a really good amp.
Dave Mustain has wrote some of the most amazing solos...
That he can't actually play!
If you want to go all out, and money is no object, I would say the Bareknuckle Steve Stevens Rebel Yell pickup set. It is an extremely hot, balls to the wall set. But at $319 for an uncovered set ($329 for the covered set for my LP), they are a bit pricy. Check out the DiMarzio D Activator set. They are supposed to be really high output. That was the set I was going to get before I decided to save up for the Bareknuckle Steve Stevens set.

And don't worry about the people bashing your graphics. All that matters is that you like them.
"I can play pretty fast on an instrument and I can do some pretty dazzling things if I want, but that only goes so far. You know, that's only going to interest people to a certain degree, it only has a certain stimulation." ~Steve Vai~
Last edited by myMesa8mybrain at Feb 22, 2007,
Quote by toddpens8771
i hate it when peoeple mess with the stock guitar, not the pups or anything, just the body appearance. stickers, graphics, and the BC rich paintjobs that are so "metal" look so lame to me. like lame as in i can see how a 12 year old thinks its cool, but nobody older.... then again i hate odd shaped guitar bodies too, especially the iceman. other than the rhoads v, which i wouldnt buy anyways. I like your standard LP, strat, etc. shapes.... you know, ones that are like normal. then again, i can clearly tell youve never lifted a weight in your life, and youve got a hot pink strap.. so...

but hey, whatever floats your boat dude.

whats this got to do with his question? and what if he happens to be a master shredder?

back to the topic, evos or tone zones will do
Hey dude. Im the guy who watched your videos on YouTube and talked about System. Yes, they are cool, mainly because they are in the style of Daron's, but yet not the DMM-1, because the graphics are unique, so it's like idolizing with a spot of individuality. I like it lol

And that guy who said you hate odd-shaped guitars? Wtf? You should love them! Standard shaped guitars are so BORING! They all look the same and are all copying the strat. How original can you get?
Oh and get the Seymeur Duncan pick-up. You've heard how nice and heavy it sounds on Daron's baritone... :-)
Quote by Psycho4SOAD
Oh and get the Seymeur Duncan pick-up. You've heard how nice and heavy it sounds on Daron's baritone... :-)

THE Seymour Duncan pickup? There are dozens. DON'T TRY TO SOUND LIKE DARON MALAKIAN, everyone will catch on that you're just a ripoff and will hate you for that reason alone. Get a bit of individuality, and get the pickups that sound the best to you, not the ones that sound the most like Malakian.
Ibanez RG1570 w/ Bareknuckle Pickups
Ibanez RG655
PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson Singlecut
Blackstar HT-5
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
BOSS TU-2
MXR M-108
Digitech Bad Monkey