For large bends, of more than a step, I have to push up on the string so much, that I bend the string above it. Then when I go to release, it actually causes that string above to ring. Does anyone else have this problem, and what is the correct way to remedy it?
I don't know how exactly to remedy the problem...I have it too...maybe just using a whammy bar?...otherwise, it might just be that you have to be careful and mute the string above it when you're done. Sorry if that didn't help a whole lot...I'm not that good with bends either.
yeah your suppose to mute the other string, but also dont get your finger over the other string just push it along with the one your on that way you dont pluck it that was porobably a very confusing explanation sorry
fender strat
fender acoustic
line6 spider 2 150 watt
can of, rock your face off

..................you cant spell crap without rap.......................
Quote by timeh
yeah your suppose to mute the other string, but also dont get your finger over the other string just push it along with the one your on that way you dont pluck it that was porobably a very confusing explanation sorry

this is correct, your plucking the other string by accident, be conscious of that. basically the string your playing is butting up against the other string and when you release the bend, you're plucking the higher string by accident. when bending, try making sure that the tip of your finger is hitting the string above the one your bending so that it mutes out. hopefully that makes some sense
It kinda does, but I must say, that seems kind of the problem, the flesh of my finger kind of plucks the string when I am releasing
^ you dont want it over it really, you kinda want it to lightly touch on it. Its I donno it takes practise.
My Youtube Vids

"Be formless... shapeless like water.

If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle.

Water can flow, and it can crash....Be water, my friend..." - Bruce Lee