Hey guys, I have recently been trying to figure out how to match up a metronome to a few songs but I am having a lot of trouble. I know it shouldn't be too hard but for some reason I'm struggling through this one. Here are the songs:

1. Girl All the Bad Guys Want - Bowling For Soup
2. For the Movies - Buckcherry
3. Atari - Lucky Boys Confusion
4. Geeks Get the Girls - American Hi-Fi
5. Sadie Hawkins - Reliant K
6. Pink Tux - Reliant K

If you post the bpm then please let me know how you got that number, not just the number. Please no stupid comments, I know this isn't that hard but I can't do it right for some reason, thanks a lot guys.
Seeing as I don't have any of those songs I can't help you there but did you ever try tapping your foot to the song and then matching up the timing on the fly? Some bands don't use click tracks for their recording either so if you're planning on getting an exact match throughout the entire song then you may already be out of luck (although maybe not). If you really want to try and nail the bpm then just count how many times you tap your foot in one minute during the song using a stopwatch or your audio players time gauge. You should never give up on something this simple or you'll have a hell of a time trying to progress as a musician (I mean no offense by this, everyone has a tough time at the start but you need to learn to work through it).
thanks for that mattvl, i'm still working on it and will continue to but i think what it is that threw me off was Buckcherry's For the Movies...I just figured that they would keep the same bpm through the entire song but I guess they aren't using a click track or whatever, I thought that my metronome's battery was dying or speeding up and slowing down or something. Thanks for the help and advice again matt.