Ok so I just recieved a Peavey Festival Head, all tube 400w, from my dad.(hand-me-down) <3

Works fine, but I need to know how to power this baby. It's got 2 inputs, bright and normal.

Would 1 4 12' speakers cab work, or would I need two?
Thanks.

Pics(w/cat):
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
That's a beauty, what's it's name?

And yea a 4x12 cab would work, any cab would as long as the impedence matches the head's.
Are you gonna' use it for it's clean headroom then?
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Not the amp..
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
WHAT'S IT'S NAME???

haha

looks like a nice head dude, and 400 tube watts thats like, insane lol
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
See my sig.

You don't need this much wattage, but i bet it comes in handy for some good cleans.

I bet that 1 4x12 will be enough, just don't crank it (like you were going to anyway), or you'll break the speakers. Most can handle about 300-400 watts of power. as long as you don't crank, you'll be alright.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Yeah, I didn't necesarilly ask for it, but I was more than happy to accept it. I've only heard it once and it's got some damn nice cleans. Knowing me, I'd be scared to turn the volume past 3 or 4.

Thanks for the help guys, any other input appreciated.

BTW, the cat's name is Elle(as in El-ee)...she was adopted so we didn't name her, and she already responded to her name so we didn't want to change it.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell