Basicly i have just got a double kick pedal and i was wandering if any drummers on this site had any tips for me to improve speed and stuff.

Thanks
"A good friend will come bail you out of jail.... But a true friend will be
sitting next to you saying "Damn... we screwed up!"

Quote by Muppet
OMGLOLZORZ!!!!!1111oneoneone

You are SO funny, I can't believe it!

[/sarc. off]
Quote by surferdude
Basicly i have just got a double kick pedal and i was wandering if any drummers on this site had any tips for me to improve speed and stuff.

Thanks

Double bass pedal?
Play with a metronome

EDIT: Start at slow tempos about 80 and keep in time with that then build up faster. It will sound awful if you just start at a really high tempo.

to be honest i wouldnt bother with one you can learn with single kick.
Quote by sofubar
Double bass pedal?

yep double bass pedal:

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=double+bass+pedal&btnG=Search+Images&gbv=2

Start out slow...amazingly its hard to keep a steady pace at the slow speeds
then when you want to ramp up the speed keep everything steady.

I normally keep my heels off the pedals at the higher speeds which gives me more control
Quote by IbanezPlayer27
I looked at that image results and found this...

I bet thats fun to use.

its missing the other pedal.
Quote by str84ever
its missing the other pedal.

no it isn't, heel and toe pedals. rather cunning...
Check out 8-Bit Trip!
www.myspace.com/8BitTrip

-·-·-·[ Music Squirrel ]·-·-·-

Also, get on my profile and friend me, bitches!
Heel toe technique. Its basically the more advanced version of double bass. If you can play open close technique with your hands, then you can do it with your feet too. This video might help you a bit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSKS9a9NuPc
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
The way i got quick with my feet was whenever i sat down i would tap my feet like i was playing as fast as i could while staying in time...especialy in school...pissed many people off doing that
cool thanks. i'll give the heel toe thing a look, though surely you just play streight 16ths/32ths ect using heel toe can you?
"A good friend will come bail you out of jail.... But a true friend will be
sitting next to you saying "Damn... we screwed up!"

Quote by Muppet
OMGLOLZORZ!!!!!1111oneoneone

You are SO funny, I can't believe it!

[/sarc. off]
Alternate just tapping your feet, wherever you are, I can play double bass, even though i'm not really a drummer just by tapping all the time.

It's a good way to do things.
Quote by Alix_D
Alternate just tapping your feet, wherever you are, I can play double bass, even though i'm not really a drummer just by tapping all the time.

It's a good way to do things.

Yep, also, once you get good, check out George Kollias' feet video, the guys amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BA4Sq0mqU-k
Last edited by jimmy388 at Feb 23, 2007,
Yeah use the book stick control (for your hands) and do all the paradidlles and rudiments with youor feet. That and use a metronome.
Not Enough AssHatery
My advice is to improve your right foot strength. Can you play quick punk beats on time? A lot of it is instinct and practice. Just like guitar, how do most people learn how to sweep. You start slower and you keep practicing until you improve.
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god