Does anyone know of any free software that I can use as a digital amplifier thingy on my computer? My guitar teacher has guitar port and that thing was pretty cool but it costs £85

Anyone know of something that does the same thing but for free? And a way of actually hooking up my guitar to the pc would be nice as well.

Thanks in advance.
There are ways of hooking it straight to the PC but it would sound so bad it's not even worth it, just save up for Guitar Port.
Duke Ellington - If it sounds good, it is good.
You can get a 1/4" to 1/8" adaptor, and plug your guitar/pedals/amp headphone output directly into your soundcard line in for a little less that £3, then download audiacity.

But if you have a crappy sound card you'll have serious issues with latency and the quality wont be fantastic...
Quote by beckyjc
You can get a 1/4" to 1/8" adaptor, and plug your guitar/pedals/amp headphone output directly into your soundcard line in for a little less that £3, then download audiacity.

But if you have a crappy sound card you'll have serious issues with latency and the quality wont be fantastic...

Hmm...I already have Audacity, but I had no idea it had guitar effects on it...Does it have overdrive and stuff?
It has some effects, I think you can get plug ins for better use of it.
But your better off just putting pedals in front of it.