I want to be a guitar teacher when I'm more experienced and out of high school, but do I need to go to college to teach it?
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
it depends who, and where do you want to teach.
If you wanna teach at school then yes, if it is like a community thing i dont think so....but idk..
Looking for a new sig!
If you're just giving lessons through a private shop or out of your home, I'd say no.
My Gear:
Epiphone PR-100 Acoustic
Agile AL-2000 Silverburst Electric
Behringer V-Tone 15W Amp

Check out my friend's Music blog by clicking here!
That is a big no my friend....You just teach kids lol I was in gr.9 and teaching kids...but i would recommend having extensive knowledge in theory and practical playing skills...A good thing is if your going to teach for someone like not be your own boss, ask them what skills they require. and if your really serious about teaching look into Conservatory of Music(if u have it in the states.) Because teaching for a school u need to go to college and a degree in music or something like that and just for fun just know your stuff. thats all i can say

- adam
I teach at a local music store, no college whatsoever. To teach at a school however, you must have a degree. Usually. That's not always the case either.
Quote by zackk
seriously though, listen to DaliLama.
Quote by Arthur Curry
My spidey sense tells me some mothafuckas are gonna be BANNED.
Ahh ok, so yes I meant teaching out of a local music store not at a school. Sweet, cause thats my dream job and I don't want to have to waste a few years before I live it.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
A few years in music college would be far from a 'waste' and would only enhance your own skills, employability and potential client base.
if you really take it serious and want to do it all your life you should get really educated before you start.

I'm a guitar tutor myself, not profesionaly, I didn't have a "tutor-education" but if I was to do it profesionaly I'd get a good education myself. It is not a waste of time!
Quote by MedicreDemon
Ahh ok, so yes I meant teaching out of a local music store not at a school. Sweet, cause thats my dream job and I don't want to have to waste a few years before I live it.

So... You want to teach others about guitars but you can't be bothered learning more yourself?

What kind of a teacher are you? Not one I'd want to take lessons with, that's for sure.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
I teach weekends at a local guitar shop. I didn't need any formal training, just a recommendation from my instructor and an audition. It's a really fun job, but believe me, it isn't easy. You really have to know your stuff, and be versed in enough styles that when someone asks to learn something you're capable of teaching it to them.
no
If you intend to make any kind of living teaching music, than yes.

"music store" teaching will not pay the rent on its own.

However if it's a side thing, you should be fine.