i know this is pretty stupid but i was looking at tabs for jimi hendrix's voodoo chile (slight return) and notaced that everyone seems to be calling it voodoo child (slight return), i relise it is something small and insignificant but i was just wondering why people call it this. check it out for yourself.
Hendrix did Voodoo Chile and Voodoo Child (Slight Return) both on Electric Ladyland. Different songs. Stevie Ray did a cover of Voodoo Child (Slight Return).
Yeah Dimebag is not the "Greatest Guitarist" of all time... Hendrix maybe... I must go get food to eat with my mouth

$250 for an amp? wow. is it worth it to invest that much in the amp?

Quote by RPotts
Hendrix did Voodoo Chile and Voodoo Child (Slight Return) both on Electric Ladyland. Different songs. Stevie Ray did a cover of Voodoo Child (Slight Return).

This man is correct.
Guitars
"Dakota" - Fender Splatter Strat
"Jacqueline" - Maton CW80
Quote by RPotts

May i ask whats the difference between them ?
Quote by Evil_Magician
May i ask whats the difference between them ?

they are both different songs one being named voodoo chile and the other being voodoo child (slight return)

so the main differences are the content of the songs and one ends with E and the other ends with D (slight return)
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
i know this wasd a pointless thread but thanks for replying and kindly pointing that out to me
Voodoo Child was just a jam session that came out with a song, while Voodoo Chile (Slight Return) is the end result, and the actual song.
Quote by The Casualty
Voodoo Child was just a jam session that came out with a song, while Voodoo Chile (Slight Return) is the end result, and the actual song.

You're wrong, don't confuse things. It's Voodoo Child (Slight Return) and Voodoo Chile.
Guitars
"Dakota" - Fender Splatter Strat
"Jacqueline" - Maton CW80
voodoo chile is 15 minutes long
voodoo child (light return) is like 3-4 miuntes long
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
They were both supposed to be called Voodoo Chile (which is just a phonetic spelling of how he sang Voodoo Child). Voodoo Chile was just a big ole jam session that they kept and put on the record, when Jimi listened back to it he liked it but thought they should do a cut-down, more refined version, but the album was due to be pressed a couple of days later, so they ended up spending all night in the studio recording what was supposd to be Voodoo ChilE (Slight Return). Jimi immediately had to add it to the sleevenotes for the album, and because he was tired and in a hurry to go home and get some sleep, he accidentally scribbled down Voodoo ChilD (Slight Return), and he only realised he'd done it when the album hit the shops with the two different spellings. So now you know.
Quote by bluewilliams
They were both supposed to be called Voodoo Chile (which is just a phonetic spelling of how he sang Voodoo Child). Voodoo Chile was just a big ole jam session that they kept and put on the record, when Jimi listened back to it he liked it but thought they should do a cut-down, more refined version, but the album was due to be pressed a couple of days later, so they ended up spending all night in the studio recording what was supposd to be Voodoo ChilE (Slight Return). Jimi immediately had to add it to the sleevenotes for the album, and because he was tired and in a hurry to go home and get some sleep, he accidentally scribbled down Voodoo ChilD (Slight Return), and he only realised he'd done it when the album hit the shops with the two different spellings. So now you know.

I've also heard that someone tried to change the name of the album from "Electric Ladyland" to "Electric Landlady". Jimi was pissed off, obviously.
voodoo chile it's the bluesy15 minutes jam song

voodoo child (slight return) it the song with the wah wah intro
Quote by Rambo-Conny
On a related note, Voodoo Chile is way superior to Voodoo Child (Slight Return).

i have to disagree there, voodoo child (slight return) has to be one of the greatest pieces made in my opinion.
Quote by golden_touch
i have to disagree there, voodoo child (slight return) has to be one of the greatest pieces made in my opinion.

voodoo child (slight return) is absolutely amazing but voodoo chile is way better. pure musical genius from god himself
Quote by golden_touch

Voodoo Child is great too, but Voodoo Chile is just epic. Without a doubt the best blues jam i've ever heard.
It's got everything. Amazing guitaring, a great drum solo and a great organ solo.
Not sure how I know this, but I'm pretty sure SRV's cover of the song is called "Voodoo Chile (Slight Return)", but Hendrix's were "Voodoo Chile" and "Voodoo Child (slight return)".

And on an unrelated note...supposedly Jimi borrowed the licks for this song from one of Buddy Guy's performances in England. Someone said something about a video of Jimi in the front row with a tape recorder....if anyone has found that video on the net let me know!
Quote by BearWithAGun
I've only known one man to use such a gun, and I believe I've killed him two times