I recently bought Van Halen Live without a net DVD....on it is a Guitar Solo. He plays various stuff with Eruption merged into and loads of tapping. Tomorow i am playing a rehearsal for some school competition and im playing eruption but i want to expand on it. There's a couple of things that a really cool that Eddie does in this solo.

1) Two Hnd Tapping with Harmonics (Not Tapped Harmonics)
2) Some kind of pickslide thing but he uses hammer ons and pull off.....creates this weird sound. (Janick Gers uses it in Holy Smoke By Iron Maiden)

How do you do these techniques....i've been trying and looking on the net but can't find anything.

Thanks
Quote by Donkey Fly
I recently bought Van Halen Live without a net DVD....on it is a Guitar Solo. He plays various stuff with Eruption merged into and loads of tapping. Tomorow i am playing a rehearsal for some school competition and im playing eruption but i want to expand on it. There's a couple of things that a really cool that Eddie does in this solo.

1) Two Hnd Tapping with Harmonics (Not Tapped Harmonics)
2) Some kind of pickslide thing but he uses hammer ons and pull off.....creates this weird sound. (Janick Gers uses it in Holy Smoke By Iron Maiden)

How do you do these techniques....i've been trying and looking on the net but can't find anything.

Thanks

No idea about the first, really, but I've been wondering about number 2 myself, as well...
I think the first one is artificial harmonics. Right first, to make an artificial harmonic go to the twelth fret and lightly touch it. Just the basic way to do that. So that gives you an octave higher of all the open string notes. But to do it with other notes you have to incorporate the other hand aswell. So lets take A on the first string. Fret it with your left hand on the fifth fret, then twelve frets up, (The seventeenth fret) and again lightly touch the string with your first finger (on the right hand) just above the seventeenth fret, then with the fingers that you have free, pluck the note and if you do this fast enough like Im sure Mr Halen does, it will work. If this doesnt explain it to you then their is some lesson videos on www.youtube.com that tought me how to do it. http://youtube.com/watch?v=_ub42Cpm9gc
I know I could have just posted that but I tried to make it look as if I'm an expert, which I am not lol.
Hope that helped.