If you were replacing the bridge pickup in this guitar and wanted a very metal tone, what would you choose? I usually play stuff like: Children of Bodom, Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Pantera etc. Price isn't really a problem, just nothing extremely expensive.

2001 Fender MIM Stratocaster
1987 Fender F-210 Acoustic
Partscaster (in progress)

Traynor YCV40
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez AD-9
MXR M-108
EHX Metal Muff
Boss NS-2

WTB:
Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner

Follow me on Twitter!
I had the same problem man I went with a Seymour Duncan SH-6 in the bridge, although I'm yet to change the neck and middle pickups
go with Bill Lawrence 500XL (the one dime used)
:
Quote by malachifivebass
you cant make a male musician choose music or sex, its like asking a fat man twinkie or brownie

Quote by iamnotrabid
Quote by metdethslaythrx
Naomi
it's "I moan" backwards
No, it's I maon.

Phail

I WILL one day rule the world, Pm me with the position you want and Ill see if it is open.
In my rg1570 I have a tonezone bridge, but for bands like that i'd probably go evolutions or drop-sonics though.
Although seeing as you dont have a problem with price (and im unsure on what you classify expensive) I'd also suggest bareknuckles. Heard some last night and i was really impressed.

I just noticed your amp. It'd be best (imo) if instead of changing pickups you upgrade your amp to a nice tube combo.
2005 Ibanez RG1570
1998 Ibanez RG7620
1998 Mesa 2 Ch. Dual Rec
Dimarzio Breed or a D-SOnic are probably the best bets.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
the best advice you'll get on pickups is usually from steven_seagull as he is the pickup king.
2005 Ibanez RG1570
1998 Ibanez RG7620
1998 Mesa 2 Ch. Dual Rec
Well. I have EMG 81/85's in my 1570. Those have the most saturation out of any pickup. They are not organic sounding though. Just total all out saturation and distortion.

Get the Seve Vai Evolution's if you want a natural organic sound. They are very punchy and powerful. Great Harmonics too.

Either EMG's or the Evo's will make a HUGE difference from the cheapo V7 V8 pickups that come stock.
Check out www.highorderpickups.com. You can customize them yourself .

I would highly suggest you get a new amp, however.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
There's always the good ol Super Distortion. I have one in the bridge, and it suits me just fine.
Yeah iw ould put a DiMarzio Super Distortion in it...i plan to

Sorry to highjack the thread for my own use..but...

TOnight i was jamming, and i realiazed i really want a guitar with 24 frets and a floating trem, and a thin neck cause my sg/strat necks are too chubby for the stuff im playing, good for blues but meh...too fat for my wee fingers. SO...is there much different between the RG1570 and the RG2550? BEsides the inlays and pickguard? would it be worth it to buy the RG2550 for the Dimarzio/Ibanez pickups that come with it?...or should i just get the Rg1570 and swap the bridge?

I really like the looks of the 2550, but it would probably end up costing me an assload in Canadian dollars, so i think the 1570 might be my best bet?

/sorry for highjacking
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut