I've been looking for a cheap 6-string bass to play around with (I'm normally a guitarist/drummer), and I already have a 4-string bass. I was looking at the Rogue LX406 Pro bass on Musician's Friend, and the Douglas WOB 826 bass on RondoMusic. Does anyone have any experience with either of these basses?

If you had to pick one or the other, would you go with Rogue or Douglas???? Thanks, Jake
I played a douglas is ok.

Havent played the rogue tho.
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
What model is the Douglas bass you are selling??? And how old is it??? Is it crappy, or do you just not need it anymore???
Quote by crazyjake19
What model is the Douglas bass you are selling??? And how old is it??? Is it crappy, or do you just not need it anymore???

Nothing against the seller, but considering the price, its quite obvious why its being sold. I'm nto saying its crappy, just dont expect anything high-end. Not to be an ass, just thought that should be pointed out.
Quote by X Alkaline 3
I dared a Jew to throw rocks at Hitler when he was a young boy..

Never knew he'd take it to heart like that.

iScrobbler

Psalms 62:8
Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah.
Yeah, for under at least 500 bucks good luck finding a decent 6-stringer.

If it's your first one, I definitely recommend Voodo's, he's a nice guy and it's a nice price to test out if 6 strings are for you.
haha
Yeah, I'm not a great bassist, as I mentioned I mostly play guitar, drums, and keyboards. I play a 4-string bass, and I was just looking for a cheap 6-string to play around with, maybe do some recording. But no gigging or serious playing with it.
it is a cheap 6 string, thats the point, its like $180 new. this is the model http://www.rondomusic.net/product834.html
I bought it for the same reason you want one, just to mess around on, but now i have 7 basses so i'm trying to get sell some of them so i can buy a fretless MM Bongo.

It is not a high end bass by any means but its ok if you're just messing around.