im lookin to get a wah wah for my electric b/c with my new band i have to play the sweet child solo and it just doesnt seem right without the wah.

any suggestions??
"Time has fallen asleep in the afternoon sunshine"
jim dunlop cry baby - the original classic!

I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
The Clyde McCoy is really good, so keep it.
Every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you
you have an awesome wah already, why would you need another one?
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Your wah pedal is fine. But a wah is only as good as the tone it carries. you need a better amp. And play your SG with the selector to the bridge humbucker you get more variation that way.
Fret Board Magic
Songs are stress outlets
Venting vile tension through note
Powers of the fret

Moonpies
I need a moonpie
Its marshmellowy goodness
Is what gets me by
Quote by guitar_amateur
dunlop cry baby, as used by slash i believe

Slash uses an expensive rack-mounted wah, and the GCB-95 (original crybaby) is nothing like the wahs that most pros use. It doesn't sound the same nor are the components even comparable. Dunlop is essentially trying to sucker you into buying a cheap crappy wah.
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Slash uses an expensive rack-mounted wah, and the GCB-95 (original crybaby) is nothing like the wahs that most pros use. It doesn't sound the same nor are the components even comparable. Dunlop is essentially trying to sucker you into buying a cheap crappy wah.

you got that right..

and keep the vox..
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Quote by Kutanmoogle

yeah, I've borrowed that pedal before and I hate it. But I think the guy from Incubus uses one... Ha.
Quote by RPGoof
yeah, I've borrowed that pedal before and I hate it. But I think the guy from Incubus uses one... Ha.

Mike Einziger seems like the type of guy who would use his wah as a frequency filter, without rocking it at all. The Crybaby has crap sweep, but it could still be used to boost mids or bass.

He's not exactly known for his amazing wah-tone. In fact, Mike's got some pretty whacked out tones if you check out all of their stuff.

Amazing guitarist though.
wouldn't surprise me if he used a rack wah, all the big rich guys do.

and using wahs as frequency filters is fun.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by Son of a Brit
Anything by Morley

I concur. Can't go wrong with a Morely.
get the dunlop q35 or whatever it is, the variable one, you can get all sorts of sounds out of that
Quote by bluesychris
Now You Sir have one hell of a guitar and look more alive and look to have more stage presence than anyone else I've seen on this forum
The Original Crybaby was a disappointment for me until I made a few mods
Last edited by Whole Lotta Led at Feb 23, 2007,
Quote by zed leppelin
get the dunlop q35 or whatever it is, the variable one, you can get all sorts of sounds out of that

Dunlop 535Q multi wah
Quote by zed leppelin

The 535q isn't so bad. It has alot of different available sounds, but I find it really lacks any special sound to it. It's pretty expensive too.

I'd say just keep the Clyde McCoy, unless you wanna upgrade to a Fulltone or some speciality wah (like the really modern sounding wahs out there).

For Slash, the Clyde McCoy should be fine.
Quote by Kutanmoogle
The 535q isn't so bad. It has alot of different available sounds, but I find it really lacks any special sound to it. It's pretty expensive too.

I'd say just keep the Clyde McCoy, unless you wanna upgrade to a Fulltone or some speciality wah (like the really modern sounding wahs out there).

For Slash, the Clyde McCoy should be fine.

I like my 535Q and find it has a great tone.
Quote by wylde_overdrive
I like my 535Q and find it has a great tone.

It's not that bad, but I feel it lacks character.

Then again I'm not generally a big fan of that weird quick sweep on Dunlops. Some people use it well though (Satch comes to mind).