Alright.

Right now I have a shitty $200 Squier Affinity Strat and a $100 Crate Amp. I want to upgrade my gear but have a limited budget of approx. $800. Could some one recommend a guitar/amp/both/whatever that could be purchased in that price range and improve my tone considerable. For anyone that asks I play mainly metal/rock and am considering taking up jazz as well. As far as bands go I like Megadeth/Metallica/GunznRoses/Rush/etc. Something close to their sound (singular) would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance
-Doobs
somthing ibanez, try and sz or an rg, ****ing great guitars
Quote by AgentWiggles
Thanks, douche.

Quote by SlayingDragons
Dude...

Gear:
Ibanez SZ 520QM
Ibanez RG 450DXB
Fender Big Apple Stratocaster
Pod XT Live
Peavey XXX Half Stack
Peavey Bandit 112
and a soul of Rock n' Roll
rondomusic.net is the place to buy a guitar. the SX seg 1 with the floyd rose should suit you. thats about $130. then buy a sweet amp with the rest. GET A TUBE AMP FOR TONE! solid state sucks all the time. sell the peice-of-squire and the amp on ebay. easy 200 bucks there. then buy this amp.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Crate-Palomino-V50-30w-1x12-Combo-Amp?sku=480989

this has all the power you need and you wont go begging to use someone elses amp to sound good. my lead guitar player has the 15 watt version of this and it is LOUD. it also sounds amazing. i wish i had your budget when i started.

good luck man!
(P.S. if you dont like the guitar, Kurt at rondo will take it back for no charge. he is the definition of customer service.)
-ed