Ok im pretty proud of myself, having learnt my first Hendrix song, Purple haze. I found it a little tricky to get the chords sorted out, but it wasn’t too hard and the solo was not to hard to learn. My question is, does anyone think it is a hard song to play, or am I just being up myself if I go around bragging ‘yeah, I can play purple haze, I’m awesome’. I mean, what level of skill does it actually require? And if I can do purple haze, how much longer until I can have a crack at little wing?
Originally Posted by Kill Factory
If you want to play some emo music, I recommend using these settings:

Gain: 0
Bass: 0
Mid: 0
Treble: 0

Master Volume: 0

HAHA!
am I just being up myself if I go around bragging ‘yeah, I can play purple haze, I’m awesome’.
Yeah, pretty much.

It's maybe "intermediate beginner", if not a little harder than that.

It'll still be a while until Little Wing is within reach, but you could definitely start now.
it is a pretty easy song. i got the chords down in maybe 24 seconds, and i never bothered to figure out the solo, but its probly fairly simple.
Cream Schecter Ultra III
Black Epi Les Paul Studio
Hohner Red SG (yeah weird)
Breedlove Dreadnought acoustic
An old fender (unknown model)
A frankenstein strat (unknown model)
15w Vox Pathfinder
120w Crate Flexwave
at least you can say that you can play a hendrix song - it is a sort of milestone

little wing is tough in the verses, but you should be able to get the solo and maybe intro
Unless you can play with one hand stop patting yourself on the back. :-p Most of all stop worrying about comparing yourself to others. Learning songs in of itself doesn't mean much at all.

I'm not knocking your playing ability, but using songs as a way to compare skill isn't very accurate. What if someone wasn't a Hendrix fan and they never learned it? What if somebody spent their entire life perfecting a difficult song but thats all they could do?

On the topic of Little Wing, its one of those songs that you have to have feeling and complete control over your technique and timing for it to sound good. If you don't, it sounds like this...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WQwjezVvjkY
Quote by insomniac28
it is a pretty easy song. i got the chords down in maybe 24 seconds, and i never bothered to figure out the solo, but its probly fairly simple.

i hope that you're not bagging out jimi by saying the solo is simple. its is kinda easy but he still makes it sound pro. btw, 24 seconds wouldn't realy be possible, because it would take a few minutes to actually listen to the song first, or read the tab or music for it, unless you are god. actually, i take that back, i went on a rant and it never really went anywhere, my bad.
Originally Posted by Kill Factory
If you want to play some emo music, I recommend using these settings:

Gain: 0
Bass: 0
Mid: 0
Treble: 0

Master Volume: 0

HAHA!