alright people, my dad has been going on about putting a b-bender in his telecaster for years and i thought that in the summer i would put one in for him.

the problem is i only have a general idea how it works and how to go about it.

so i was wondering if anyone out there in the wonderful land of UG that might have any experience with it or have any good websites with a detailed description of how to do it.

if it is any help, the guitar is an 80's ibanez silver series telecaster special copy. it does have the bit carved out of the back so that it fits round your body more easily(not sure what its called but standard teles dont ie flat back.)

thanks in advance.
My Rig:
Maverick F-1, Ibanez RG1527, Schecter Omen 8
Marshall JVM 410H,
Hand built 4x12 w/ V30s
Current board:
PXL LIVE
TU2
WHAMMY IV
MXR M132
MXR M101
TIMMY
NS2
MXR M108
XOTIC EP
TC DREAMSCAPE
DL8
That carved bit is called a belly cut, or countour.

Wherever you buy your B-Bender should have instructions on how to install it.

Oh wait, here's a guide. http://www.stringbender.com/bender/kitsii.htm

EDIT: You can buy a B-Bender here. http://www.hipshotproducts.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=221#
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Last edited by Will_Minus at Feb 22, 2007,
^ I don't want to look it up again, but it's on Wikipedia. Just search "B-Bender". Google will also work, as well as give you pictures and more indepth descriptions.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:

Cheers will thats a great help, but the back plate that is in the kit will not fit because of the body contour on the back. but i guess i could get one specially made or just adapt it myself.
My Rig:
Maverick F-1, Ibanez RG1527, Schecter Omen 8
Marshall JVM 410H,
Hand built 4x12 w/ V30s
Current board:
PXL LIVE
TU2
WHAMMY IV
MXR M132
MXR M101
TIMMY
NS2
MXR M108
XOTIC EP
TC DREAMSCAPE
DL8
:Cheers:, my uncle with the '57 tele with bigsby standard has a tele-alike he built with a B-Bender and D-tuner. I think they may both be hipshot, but IDK.

The B-Bender requires a section routed out. EDIT: unless you do what Will_Minus says.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Woodman, he can't do that because of the belly contour, it's in the way of the hugeass route needed for the Parsons-Green model.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:

Kudos for you for trying something quite tricky. Hope it works.

PSN ID: ArranP