so i just recorded myself playin a big improv solo i made up (very heavily van halen/zakk wylde influenced). please critic. the recording is pretty bad and my myspace "band" profile i just made to put this song on. i guess ill make it better when i record my songs. anyway, here's the link
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
whats your setup?
The United States is a nation of laws: badly written and randomly enforced.
-Frank Zappa
This is really cool. It could be like your own version of eruption. It needs to be recorded a little better, though, obviously - like you said. It's very impressive, though. I could see it as a warmup (the same way eruption started out). I like the ascending things a lot. The diminished ditty is nice also. Keep it up. Mind checking mine out? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=522091
my setup for that recording was a mexican strat with a lil' 59 rail in the bridge strung with 11 guage strings. it's tuned in c. and it was running through a peavey 100 watt 212 special transtube combo. the only effect was some built in reverb. And yea i was goin for like an eruption style thing to put on myspace to "show off" to my friends. The recording is very bad because it's just recorded using the crappy built in mic on my mac. i can't use the garage band effects because my computer doesn't have enough memory for it. KEEP THE CRITICS COMING!!!
Quote by Sir-Shoelace

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
bump
Quote by Sir-Shoelace

THE PIT
pretty soon im going to put a vid of me playing on my myspace. alot of people i know have listened to it and think i'm "amazing" cuz im only 14 and i've only been playin for about 2 and a half years. i'm gonna be playin it live at my school's talent show soon. KEEP THE CRITS COMIN!!!
Quote by Sir-Shoelace

THE PIT