thumb/other finger
4 9%
other...
1 2%
Voters: 45.
i use my thumb. i just find it easier to find the strings
so welcome to the machine

there is no dark side of the moon really, not that the fact that it's all dark
If it's simply strumming I use a pick, but if it's a mix of strumming and play riffs and leads I will use my fingers on an acoustic guitar, and my pick if it's on an electric guitar.

Sometimes I will hybrid pick, though.
It just depends. You get a different tone from your thumb than a plectrum. On the whole I use a plectrum but obviously there's finger and hybrid picking to consider. Whatever suits I guess.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Some songs are easier to play with fingers, and since there's a little space to put a pick between the humbucker and the pickup ring on my guitar, I just store picks in there and can switch when needed. But it's mostly picks, because i can pick faster, do harmonics, and it's just easier for me.
Peavey HP Signature EXP (SH4 JB/ SH2 Jazz)
Jackson DK2M
Fender MIM Stratocaster HSS
Fender MiM Telecaster

EVH 5150 III w/ EVH 2x12 cab
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Fender Blues Jr.

Boss ME-50; NS-2; RV-5; BF-3
MXR M101 Phase 90
On electric i always use a pick.

On acoustic i pinch my thumb and index fingers together as if im hold a pick and I hit the strings with my index finger nail on down strokes and my thumnail on up strokes.
"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky"
Pick because I like the sound
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
Quote by Kurapica
It just depends. You get a different tone from your thumb than a plectrum. On the whole I use a plectrum but obviously there's finger and hybrid picking to consider. Whatever suits I guess.

the thumb tone is darker. i like dark tone. i just cant stand the click that happens when you strum w/ a pick
so welcome to the machine

there is no dark side of the moon really, not that the fact that it's all dark
Quote by danoson
the thumb tone is darker. i like dark tone. i just cant stand the click that happens when you strum w/ a pick

Yeah, it's definitely not as bright. You can get some strange tones if you mess about with it which is always good.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay